Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to the site

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On thursday I was put back on prednisone 10mg for the joint problems. Now that I'm feeling a bit better I'm going to start doing some exercise. Yesterday I started to cough up mucous/fluid and there was some blood too See the lung doc on the 24th. Good luck to all of you too and keep me updated on how you are doing. Thanks for the support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exercise! Nice! Just don't overdo it I should really do some exercise myself. I'm very...um...'stocky'

let us know how you go with the lung doc.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a racing heart for quite a while. It started before I got diagnosed and kept on for many months once I began pred and cytoxan. I finally figured out it was due to the severe anemia I had. My bp went high for awhile, too, as a result of the pred. Pred can also cause a racing heart, as it revs up the adrenals. Both symptoms have gone away, but that racing heart really made me nuts for awhile!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also had teeth and gum problems in the beginning before I was diagnosed: numbness in the roof of my mouth, and before things got better my teeth loosen and shifted. Thank god the folks never went whole-hog on the braces as a kid. My gums receded so now I see a periodontist regularly as well as my regular dentist. Neither of them were particularly familiar with WG and still think the repeated high doses and variety of antibiotics may have contributed. That part has stabilized. My dental hygiene has begun as much as priority (quasi-obsession) as hand washing.

I've also started the ear symptoms recently. Constant fluid from the ears too. When does the fun stop? ;->

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jenny
    I live in the uk my husband became ill two yrs ago and reading your story brings back so many scary memories.John ended up with pnuemonia and sepsis also high bp and fast heart rate.I cant say if meds or wg cause fast heart rate etc but yes the same happened to John and even though he is on meds for it now his bp is still high
    I wish you a lot more good days
    Sue xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there from New Zealand. I was dignosed in Nov 06 and I had similiar symptoms. I am now taking Methotrexate after taking Cyclophosphamide. I have been off predisone for about 5 months now. I am still not that great. It started with a prolonged flu, bleeding nose inflamed tissues in my eyes so I my eyes were all read around the pupils. The disease spread to my throat felt like I had a big lump and my hearing was going in both ears. Then I cough up blood from my lungs thats when I went to hospital. I had an xray done and the doctor noticed that my lungs didn't look right and suggested I might have WG. Also my heart beats really fast too even if I don't do any physical activity. I do think it is the medication. I recently caught a virsus and I have been coughing my life away so am taking a ventalin to relieve the tightness in my chest. I am 36 and have been married for 4 years and cannot have children because of the medication and the WG has effected my ovaries.
    I recommend that you rest, have less stress in your life and pace yourself. I wish you all the very best, Natalie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123