User Tag List

Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Received my second dose of Rituximab (Ruxience)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Received my second dose of Rituximab (Ruxience)

Hey everyone. Hope everybody is doing well. I just wanted to share the awesome news... on Tuesday, February 20th 2024 I got my second dose of Rituximab, single dose this time. By the time I was ready to go home, I felt perfectly fine. For about 3 or 4 days after that, I only had skin itching for 2 of those days. As of today, one week later, all problems Vasculitis are gone!!! What?!? Not a single problem! Looks like this time around it's working because my first dose on September 1st 2023, it was a double dose and it was with steroids. I thought it was working, not realizing it was from the help of the steroids. This time around there was no steroids, only the premeds. I'm so happy!

Thanks to everybody who gave me input on this and what to expect. I hope this time it lasts longer. My next treatment should be around August and I think we have to re-apply with my insurance because last year's coverage was for 3 doses. First infusion was doses 1 & 2 at the same time. So now that my second treatment, dose 3 has been used to last week, I have nothing left for the next round...but I'm still happy that nothing hurts anymore. Yay!!!

2. Likes Pete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Received my second dose of Rituximab (Ruxience)

I have been taking Rituximab for little over 10 ears now. Never have had a problem. I get it about every 6 months, just 1 dose. I had GPA attack my lungs first time, then kidneys second. I was diagnosed after kidneys and got the first batch of Rituximab as series of 3 IV's. Since then only 1 round each time. I take no other drugs for this. I get my lab work done every 3 months and monitor all the items needed. I have gone a good 9 months with no problems. But then labs say when it is time. You may get lucky that way too.

I wish you the best on your journey with this.

4. Likes Chadwyck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Received my second dose of Rituximab (Ruxience)

Thanks for your reply. Yes, things are much better since my second Rituximab treatment. Every problem vanished days after my infusion. I was shocked to hear that you got the diagnosis after the kidneys and not initially from the lungs. That happened to me back in 2009 when GPA was only suspected but not confirmed. So I too, got my diagnosis after the kidneys were on fire but I was initially treated with cyclophosphamide. Rituximab was approved 3 months after my last chemo dose. LOL Glad to hear you're doing better than me. My goal is to not need treatment more than once per year, but, it's based on overall assessments by doctors, I know.