Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Doc - New Procedure for Subglottic Stenosis

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Doc - New Procedure for Subglottic Stenosis

Have had 3 surgeries for this - they all turned out great. My doctor retired and suggested I see a new doctor (same clinic). Saw him last week - everything looks good when he scoped me but he mentioned there is a new procedure for this. Done in the Dr. office. Basically, they numb your airway like when they scope you and put a needle directly into the area with steroids. Has anyone had this new procedure yet? He did say they can do this multiple times without any issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Doc - New Procedure for Subglottic Stenosis

Hello! Sorry for the late response. I have done this. It was actually the first treatment I tried when I was Dx in 2018. I ended up needing dilations, so it did not work for me.

But I imagine if your airway is stable from successful dilations, then this would be a less invasive treatment to maintain your airway

The procedure is kinda scary at first, but you can breath through it and it is so much easier than going through all the surgeries! I hope it works for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New Doc - New Procedure for Subglottic Stenosis

I wish there was a way to find out the percentage of people who had this done and if it was successful.