Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Eustation tube dilation / Ear Popper mechanism

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eustation tube dilation / Ear Popper mechanism

It's been a month of Sundays since I've been on the Forum.

Weg's affected my estuation tubes - now 12+ years ago. This past fall I had ET Dilation performed (on one side). It has not made ANY difference. I've had 3 follow up appts and will see him again in March. Doc feels fluid in the middle ear is connected to what's happening and I'm currently on Flonase. Doc seems a little mystified as to what's going on. On my own, I'm considering getting this ($100!) item called Ear Popper that been successful for many persons.

Question: have you experienced damaged ET's and/or ever used the Ear Popper?

Wishing everyone well. Thank you! - David, [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Eustation tube dilation / Ear Popper mechanism

I have Eustachian tube dysfunction in my right ear. It’s pretty intermittent and more of a nuisance than debilitating. I’ve not tried (or heard of) the ear popper. Hope you get relief soon.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks much, Pete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,
    My Eustachian Tube in my left ear is closed as well. I as well tried the balloon dilation, which did not work for me. I was always getting fluid in my ear and the ENT would put tubes in my ear. I have had 5 put in, the last one was a long term one, which lasted less then six months. However, this had left a permanent hole in my ear, which ended up being a good thing because I have not needed tubes since then. I am interested in hearing about the Ear Popper as well.

Thanks,
    Sandy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any way to talk via phone, sandy? Whenever you have some extra time. 918-629-4217 is my number. If I should miss your call, please leave a message with maybe your number. Sometimes it can be so hard to talk via media. You're really the only person that has responded and come closest to my situation. Let me know either way though. David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might not be comfortable in phoning sandy. I had three follow-up appointments after my eustachian tube dilation. I will go see him in a couple of weeks again I know that tubes are not the answer because they don't last. Have you flown any with your ears in this condition? I have flown twice with severe pain both times. I could ask you more but I'm at work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! I have not had this surgery, I only get tubes. My right ear is the side that is in this condition. It hurts very much with any altitude change, so tubes are necessary for me. I will ask my ENT about the popper device. But it is my understanding that my ET is scarred over and that it is a permanent dysfunction

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ear popper will work IF you have reasonably functioning (or nearly so) eustachian tubes (ET)...but then so will the valsalva maneuver. If the tubes are compromised sufficiently then the popper won't work. So I would not throw good money after bad on one. WGPA closed up my left ET such that I have to have a fresh myringotomy, suction and tube inserted annually. The balloon dilation procedure we tried a year ago was a fail. My theory, which my ENT endorsed, is that like the collapse of my nose cartilage, WGPA permanently damaged the integrity of the ET cartilage, such that it wouldn't hold open after the dilation. I suspect the lumen still reflexively opens and closes but everything upstream has collapsed, so it doesn't matter. (WGPA also made my right ET and lumen patulous, always open, which provides a whole other set of annoying symptoms, but at least it drains!)
    Last edited by Randy1957; 02-25-2024 at 04:35 AM.