User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Multiple skin cancers due to Wegeners?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Multiple skin cancers due to Wegeners?

After surviving and mostly recovering from horrible symptoms which will sound all too familiar (kidney involvement, numb foot and leg to knee, sinus, etc.) and taking Cytoxin for almost a year, my husband is doing "fairly well" in remission. We are grateful he is no longer diabetic, thanks to no longer needing prednisone also! But, he grows squamous and basal cell carcinomas unbelievably fast! He has had over 18 in the past year and a half, plus numerous other "outgrowths" of skin. We must constantly monitor these and have had several dermatologists and a plastic surgeon carefully observing also. Has anyone else experienced this? I guess we should be grateful as his health could be much worse right now. But, with so many skin "things" going on all over his body, we just don't dare miss any which could mestasticize. Any information wil be greately appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NanTom, welcome to our group. I have had one basal cell, but that was 2 years before the diagnosis and I have not had any since. I have numerous "outgrowths" but none look dangerous, What do the docs say?
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had both basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas and have had 4 small operations to remove them. I also get the odd patch of questionable skin which the dermatologist removes with liquid nitrogen spray. I believe that these problems are drug side effects rather than Wegener's symptoms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, I too had a flat rash dry red patch in the middle of my back and they removed it with the liquid nitrogen spray too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had too flat rash in my face and were removed with liquid hidrogen but they come again and was treated with Efidox ointment and it was helful

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had one on my leg that was treated with ointment (and cured). I doc did not want to use Nitrogen and risk it not healing well due to its position.

Doug Guest

I've had odd growths, post flare. I am white as death because both my parents dealt/deal with assorted sun-induced skin cancers over the years: I am not a sun seeker!

One odd bump on my hand was burned off, and the others will be dealt with as necessary and in a timely manner. That's pretty much the best bet: any unusual growths or changes in the skin need to be brought to the attention of your doctor as soon as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL--white as death...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now there's a jolly sounding expression!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i went out yesterday a neighbour saw me she said should i be out as i looked like "death warmed up "
    shame as i didnt feel as bad as i have today :- maybe i have become a bad judge off how i look
    but it didnt matter as we had a good chatter and laughed about it DEE x