Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Been a minute

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Been a minute

It has been a minute since I have posted on here, but I wanted to reach out and see what everyone does to keep going. I have my family as my motivation but some days it's, just really hard. Also wanted to know what everyone does when they start to have flare ups. Anything would help, I am trying to keep my stress levels low so as to not have any more, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Trying to keep the flare ups to a minimum as to not worry anyone, especially my parents as they no longer live in the same state.

Once again any tips or tricks everyone finds works for them would be greatly appreciated!

2. Likes andrew liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: Been a minute

Hello! My favourite things to do to cope with stress are go for a walk and/or listen to music. Doesn't have to be a power walk - just getting outside and going for a stroll is enough if that's all I can manage. Pod casts also work for me. I'll pick one on a subject I know nothing about and dig in. I recently finished binging a podcast series on Pirates. I almost forgot about Audio books. I'm half way through a 28-book series from my favourite author. Totally transports me away.

Hope this helps!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

4. Likes Masha, drz, lily_0303 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew

Those are good tips. I use them too. Another one I would add is to call some one to chat or go visit some one in person if you can. Focusing on some one else gets your mind off your own issues. A good movie or TV show can also give you a break, especially if it gets you laughing.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

6. Likes andrew, Masha, chrisTIn@, lily_0303 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sing, play ukulele and guitar. I also have the rc airplane hobby. These things help an awful lot.

8. Likes andrew, Masha, drz, lily_0303 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I have found that takes my mind off of things is writing. You can use a computer, but I really enjoy some old school pen to paper. If you are thinking, "but what would I write about"? How about an autobiography? I am in the middle of mine. I am not doing it to publish it, but rather to capture my life history. Some day, hopefully, a long time from now, family members will be able to read it and get a glance into my life back in the 1900s (Ha Ha) My grand daughters were born in 2011 and 2013 so the 1960s sounds ancient I am sure. It could also bring back some found memories along they way.

10. Likes andrew, lily_0303 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for the awesome suggestions! Alan1107 I write as well and I do also preferr the traditional pencil and paper. I dont like to use pen unless its erasable lol just because I might go back and change my mind on how I want to word something. Have not written in a while I really should pick up some that I have put on hold

12. Likes andrew liked this post