User Tag List

Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Soybean oil and Wegener's - Is the food industry killing us?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Soybean oil and Wegener's - Is the food industry killing us?

54% of the omega-6 fatty acids in soybean oil are in the form of Linoleic Acid. In the body fat tissues, Linoleic Acid is converted to Arachidonic Acid. Since 1955, Linoleic Acid in human adipose tissues has doubled from 10% to 20%. Autoimmune disease incidence has increased in lockstep.

"We conclude that anti-PR3 antibodies are potent inductors of the 5-lipoxygenase pathway in primed human neutrophils, and extracellular free Arachidonic Acid. as provided at an inflammatory focus, synergizes with the autoantibodies to evoke full-blown lipid mediator generation, granule secretion and respiratory burst. Such events may be enrolled in the pathogenesis of focal necrotizing vascular injury in Wegener's granulomatosis."

Neutrophil activation by anti-proteinase 3 antibodies in Wegener's granulomatosis: role of exogenous arachidonic acid and leukotriene B4 generation

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8879231/

Soybean oil is a $48 billion business. I went to the supermarket yesterday and tried finding foods with no soybean oil. It's in just about every processed food. I'm only using soybean oil in my post, but the problem extends to most seed oils. The food and healthcare industries are quietly trying to develop new cultivars of seed oils, with lower levels of Linoleic Acids. The half-life of Linoleic Acid in your body is 685 days. It would take four years, just to bring it down to the levels our grandparents had. Linoleic Acid in the 2% range is actually good for us. 20% is a problem. I learned yesterday, my whole wheat bread has soybean oil, while a pita bread did not.

This post is for information purposes only. Discuss the status of your health with your doctor.
    Last edited by crowneagle; 06-22-2023 at 10:24 PM.

2. Likes andrew, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Soybean oil and Wegener's - Is the food industry killing us?

Case in Point – Eggs

Linoleic Acid is an omega-6 fatty acid.

"Testing by Pennsylvania State University and the USDA showed pastured eggs contain 2 times the long-chain Omega 3s, 2.5 times the total Omega 3s, and half the ratio of Omega 6:Omega 3."

https://healthyfoodsystems.org/case-in-point-eggs/

One major problem is there are no government standards for pastured eggs. Are the chickens eating bugs and flowers or are they being supplemented with grains? I plan to find out.

4. Likes Alysia liked this post