Likes Likes:  0
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Rituximab Round Two

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pred definitely makes for short-tempers. Also rapidly changing moods--snap at someone, then cry, then depression, then more anger. Short-term memory loss is also a famous side effect of pred. It also happens with chronic illness.

A neuropsychiatrist at JHU once explained to me how the brain chemicals get depleted with chronic illness. At the time I was experiencing cognitive issues (eg memory loss, difficulty finding words) and thought I had a brain disorder. It was "just" Wegs, depression and the residual effects of pred.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that info, Im normal at least. Ha Har.. Ive been stopping mid sentence in conversations and cant remember what I was talking about and having difficulty finding the memory I wanted or the word. Thought I was really loosing it. Does this get better? Has anyone experienced finding the brain again after reduction in medications or do we get worse at time goes on?
    Cheers Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad to hear that someone else can start a conversa
    tion and then not remember what they were going to say
    sometimes cant find the word or use the wrong word thought it was just me loosing the plot :- and writing the posts sometimes i cant remember how to spell a word and that is something im good at !!!!
    as you say also im alot more senstive to what and how people say things to me
    makes for some interesting replies if in pick it up the wrong way
    oooh the joys of !!!!!!!!!!!!! DEE x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im feeling almost normal thanks to the replys if I can remember what that was like!!!!

Other new things for me are tasking, scaling, cancelling appointments due to tiredness, determination to complete or achieve because sometimes I continue to feel the same no matter what. Frustration, embarrassment and the list goes on.. I think I find the hardest thing is not really able to plan a day. Waking up and thinking how am I today and not even being sure you will get through the day without rest and more rest or sleep or having to sit down for a time.
    Cheers Col 23

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My pred mental errors could fill pages, I'm sure. Too bad I can't remember most of them.

Col, I can sympathize with not being able to plan anything. I get to my doc appts out of sheer will much of the time. Everything else has to be decided on a daily basis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Col 23 View Post
    Hello lightwarrior
    How are you going after your flare.
    Col 23
    I had to stop Cytoxan since it decided not to like my Bone Marrow, since then I fell hurt my knees (better now, no breaks or tears) was in the ER again for Kidney stone. My labs aren't good enough for my rheumy to let me go back to work, but I can breath easier and my joints aren't hurting. It still makes me very tired to walk more than a few feet. I'm really missing being active.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you've had a little improvement at least, LW. I'm also glad you're not back at work. I know you have insurance reasons for wanting to work, but top priority is keeping the insured alive! Take care and rest--

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Lightwarrior that you had to go back to the ER. Glad you are home resting. Keep your chin up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I resumed a pred taper last week and made it from 4mg down to 3.5mg. I spent several days at 3.75mg, making sure nothing new cropped up. I also increased some anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant supplements that don't interfere with my meds or their immunosuppressive actions. So far so good. Until I increased them, I was getting joint pain and stiffness as I tapered pred.

Friday I really overexerted--not much choice, unfortunately-- and spent most of yesterday in bed. I'm still low today, but will be conserving energy as best as I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sangye take care of you ive been in garden today with hubby will have to rest tomorrow DEE X

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast