Thread: RTX Efficiency

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RTX Efficiency

Hi,

I was just wondering is there any evidence to show that Rituxin over time becomes less effective.

Or does anyone have any personal experience who has been on RTX for a long time.

I wonder what the doctors at the Cleveland Clinic would say about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: RTX Efficiency

There are many people who have been on RTX for years. some doctors think it may become less effective over the years but may continue to use it since they feel it is best treatment option. There is also the concern of of possible serious side effects from RTX but that applies to most of the drugs we use and the risk of no treatment is usually worse.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

3. Likes Bindy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: RTX Efficiency

Hi Bindy

I think thats what happened to me. I was on RTX for years and over time, and the cells would come back quicker each time. I do think switching between the two different form of RTX was the final nail in the coffin for me.
    I was on MabThera for years with little problems, i had one dose of Truxima, reacted to it and then went back on the MabThera and reacted to that. Haven;t had RTX since, but hoping i can go back to it one day.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack