Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Recurrent styes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Recurrent styes

Anyone have issue w recurrent styes? I'm waiting to see ophthalmologist dealing w third very angry stye within 3 months.
    My symptoms so far have been limited to upper respiratory and severe joint pain. Diagnosed and treated 2013. Been in remission until now.
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hahn

dxn 11/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Recurrent styes

Quote Originally Posted by D.B. View Post
    Anyone have issue w recurrent styes? I'm waiting to see ophthalmologist dealing w third very angry stye within 3 months.
    My symptoms so far have been limited to upper respiratory and severe joint pain. Diagnosed and treated 2013. Been in remission until now.
    Hello D.B.

I didn't know what a stye is, but I saw online that Mayo Clinic calls it an eye infection.

When you have been in remission for ten years I can imagine that this infection worries you.
    I hope you soon will see- or already have been seeing- your doctor.
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Recurrent styes

@D.B.

As we are now in “pollening season”, I wouldn’t be too surprised if your styes are allergy related. Before wegs, I would get the occasional shilazion (stye/abcess) on the underside of my eyelid. It usually required surgical removal under local anesthesia followed by a few days of antibiotic ointment.

Interestingly that since I got wegs, the pulmonologist who helped diagnose me suggested I take an antihistamine and decongestant daily. I have had almost no allergy symptoms since starting this regimen 12 years ago. I take 10 mg of loratidiene daily plus two puffs of Flonase in each nostril daily.

Hope you get effective treatment and good relief soon.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

4. Likes Masha liked this post