Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Swelling In Ankles & Feet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Swelling In Ankles & Feet

Happy New Year everybody! Hope you're all doing well. I have a quick question about swelling.

For the past few months everything has been fine except the odd swelling in my left knee. I thought it was odd that my GPA/Wegener's would attack just one area and nowhere else. Then earlier this week, January 15-18, I noticed that the same shoes I wear everyday were getting tighter; even with thin socks. I just did blood work and got the results yesterday. Everything looks perfect! Kidneys... GFR was sitting right at 100 and creatinine was at 78. Inflammation markers, CRP & ESR were very low... that made me wonder, why would I have swelling with very low inflammation markers?? Last is I have a brand new intermittent cough. Just ordinary phlegm coming up, but the cough was very harsh as if I was choking. Then 30 minutes later, it disappears as if nothing happened. Does that sound like the alarm clock for the disease is going off to wake itself up? The good news is I see my Rheumatologist next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Swelling In Ankles & Feet

Yes, but GPA does not exclude other problems either...make sure with experienced docs. I had roaming pain, but rarely swelling. Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Swelling In Ankles & Feet

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Yes, but GPA does not exclude other problems either...make sure with experienced docs. I had roaming pain, but rarely swelling. Best to you.

Thanks Don. It's been a while since I had several issues at the same time, knowing that I'm still in remission. It made me question it, "am I really still in remission"?? The only big changes since I last complained is that I'm now 50. I was 37 when all of this first started.

4. Likes Pete liked this post