Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Daily life considerations and precautions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Daily life considerations and precautions

Hey all, being newly diagnosed with GPA, I’m still trying to figure out what daily precautions to take or consider. For example, wearing a mask everywhere, asking people who come to my home to wear a mask, …. I know everyone’s risk calculus is different, but what do you take into consideration for your everyday life precautions, if anything? Does it differ whether you are on or off immunosuppressant meds? Does is differ pre- and current pandemic?

Razie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Daily life considerations and precautions

Quote Originally Posted by Razie View Post
    Hey all, being newly diagnosed with GPA, I’m still trying to figure out what daily precautions to take or consider. For example, wearing a mask everywhere, asking people who come to my home to wear a mask, …. I know everyone’s risk calculus is different, but what do you take into consideration for your everyday life precautions, if anything? Does it differ whether you are on or off immunosuppressant meds? Does is differ pre- and current pandemic?
    Razie
    i think this is something your care team should advise you on. I have been told that for me the prognosis for surviving Covid or even the flu is not real good because of my age, 79 in a couple months, and having two autoimmune disorders with lot of body damage to lungs and kidneys from both autoimmune disorders. So they advise me to take as much precautions as possible to try avoid infections. The other important factor is the prevalence of Covid or flu in your area which will vary and more precaution is appropriate when the infection risk is high.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

3. Likes Masha, chrisTIn@ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the Evusheld shots 6 1/2 months ago and again at the beginning of September. I believe they are an effective defense.

5. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband and I, ages 72 and 79, are using caution as our go to life. We are retired, no grandchildren, so there is no reason not to be careful when we know we are at risk. Only go out with N95 masks and even then our outings are medical or grocery shopping. Today a repairman came into our home unmasked, but we both remained masked. I just had recent eye surgery and the nurse handed me back my mask. She said they only took it off to put on oxygen mask. I am scheduled for my Rituxin infusion soon, had Evusheld last month. Our weather is cool pleasant so we will resume neighborhood walks, unmasked.
    Even before Covid we remained masked during flu season. Our biggest change is we no longer dine out. But I hear a lot of complaints from people who do, high prices and poor service. I go to my specialty stores and get plenty of interesting food.
    As drz said, not everyone needs to follow the same procedures, age, health and location all matter.

7. Likes John S, Dirty Don, chrisTIn@ liked this post