User Tag List

Likes Likes:  47

Thread: Happy birthday wegeners-granulomatosis.com!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Happy birthday wegeners-granulomatosis.com!!

Hey all.

It was on this day (10 May) in 2008 that this forum was born. It has been a journey with a lot of people visiting - mostly just to read than to interact. We get about ten thousand visitors per month now. While interaction has clearly fallen since Social Media started being widely used, this site remains an excellent source of information for us WG'ers and will continue to server that purpose for many years to come.

I just wanted to say thank you to every single one of you for making this site what it is today.

Happy birthday!!

Andrew
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Happy birthday wegeners-granulomatosis.com!!

Happy birthday to the site!
    It's provided priceless information to a lot of Weggies over the years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes andrew, drz, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy birthday to this fantastic forum and the fantastic people on here.

We have seen many people come and go, and have lost and mourned a lot of people along the way.
    Some people have left a big hole that no one can really fill, but the greatest thing is that their posts can be found with just a little search.

Thank you Andrew, for all that you do, to keep this site running smoothly.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank YOU Andrew for creating this bad boy.

I strongly believe that this site saved my life. Probably more than once. We also got ourselves published with you adding the link to the survey monkey questions that I came up with during a state of pred agitation, lol. The friendships made on here are a lot like 'boot camp' friendships, the kind that last a lifetime due to a shared personal hell. I've had people I met on here come and stay with me in my home on more than a few occasions. I've been lifted by many, and hopefully I could repay the favour and maybe lifted someone else in the process.

I remember when I first got diagnosed (May 10, 2010 - apparently exactly two years after the birth of this site), and went on Facebook to look this crazy disease up, and it was a frightening 'I've got it worse than you' kind of vibe. Then I found you!!! And my world changed for the better. My first private message was from Jack. Oh how I miss Jack. The Gorrilaz are a favourite in our house, and it's all because of Jack. I think of him often. We've lost so many amazing people on here, but we've had the privellage of getting to know them, and benefitting from their kindness, wisdom, and perspective. Rest in peace all you Weggies gone onward, and thank you for touching our lives. This attitude is what makes this forum amazing. The kindness, wisdom, perspective, and good heartedness of the group.

I'm so grateful for everything this site has done for me personally, and for so many others across the globe.
    And it's all because of you Andrew. Cheers mate. You rock!!!

marta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marta we joined the same month and got diagnosed a couple months earlier. We both remember jack fondly and his encouragement and many helpful posts.We are lucky that we are still here 12 years later as Jack and many others are not. Lets try hard to keep on going.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

7. Likes mishb, marta, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An truly amazing forum for a very special 'Club' - thank you Andrew!

9. Likes marta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I arrived a little late for the party, but Happy Birthday everyone! I really just wanted to say THANK YOU to Andrew for setting up and maintaining this site. I know it must be a great deal of work, but I only found it a couple of days ago and I can't tell you how much it has helped. And thank all of you for sharing. Good luck everyone!

Ruby

11. Likes chrisTIn@, mishb, marta, Masha, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    Oh how I miss Jack. The Gorrilaz are a favourite in our house...

I'm so grateful for everything this site has done for me personally, and for so many others across the globe.
    And it's all because of you Andrew. Cheers mate. You rock!!!

marta
    I had to search this site for 'The Gorrilaz', Marta. Now I know it's a Britisch rock group, haha.
    Jack sure was a precious member of this group, he wrote me messages I will never forget...
    Although I never met him in person, I liked his Leonard Cohen-avatar with the hat!

Thanks Andrew, for all you do.
    I totally agree with Marta.

You rock!!
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

13. Likes mishb, drz, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisTIn@ View Post
    I had to search this site for 'The Gorrilaz', Marta. Now I know it's a Britisch rock group, haha.
    Jack sure was a precious member of this group, he wrote me messages I will never forget...
    Although I never met him in person, I liked his Leonard Cohen-avatar with the hat!

Thanks Andrew, for all you do.
    I totally agree with Marta.

You rock!!
    Funny story....

I remember one day realizing that Jack's avatar was Leonard Cohen. I had, up until that point, always imagined Jack looking that 'gentlemanly' way when I read his brilliant posts. I sent him a private note saying, 'holy crap, I just realized you're Leonard Cohen, lol.' He laughed and told me that Leonard was his favourite musical artist, along with the Gorillaz coming in a close second. I had heard them, but never really given them the time like that. I told him to change his avatar to the Gorillaz and throw everyone off, cuz I'm funny like that, lol. He did, and it was like someone kicking a hornet's nest. Many didn't like it, lol. It was like a mini revolt, I laughed a lot. He changed it back only one or two days later, ha ha ha, but it's one of those stupid memories that will stick with me indefinitely.

I've really gotten into the Gorillaz since that moment in time. Now, my 15 year old daughter listens to them almost exclusively. They are a semi permanent presence in our lives, lol, and it's great because it makes me think of Jack often.

This forum, and the people on it, are a magical thing. I'm so glad that I became a part of it, that I got to benefit from the wisdom on here, that I'm pretty much alive because I got pushed into changing docs by all you all at a time when mine was not professionally prepared for Wegener's, and in that changeover, I got probably the best WG doc in Western if not all of Canada. None of this would be what it is if it weren't for Andrew. So again, THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Andrew!!!!!

not so smarta