Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How are you doing ?

I thought we can have this thread to update, how are you doing, my friends ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

2. Likes mishb, JeanMarie, MikeG-2012 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How are you doing ?

Still alive here . Hope you all are well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing ok. Had Covid once for sure (delta) and probably omicron, too. Very thankful for the vaccine…I’ve had all 4 doses. Still in remission, sort of. Just need to be careful not to overexert…hard to do with grandchildren you want to play with .
    ----Arleta

6. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too well. Going through emotions quietly.

Doctor took me out of prednisone for the first time to see if I was stable but the pain doesn’t let me live normal. Thinking of even quitting my job. That though breaks my heart.
    I know getting back into prednisone will make me feel nauseous, dizzy, migraines, and never ending tiredness. It’s that or my pains which I’m literally limping at night.

A soldier is mentally down this week. 😞

8. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am well thank you

Off pred now, and down to 10mg MTX and 200mg Plaquenil
    Nose & coughing is still the bugbear, but we continue to go on.

As always
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

10. Likes freakyschizogirl, Alysia, MikeG-2012 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Mishb

I'm back. Been away from the forum and other support groups for a while as i went through a really rough patch 3 years ago when i flared hard.
    Currently on the ABROGATE trial and having weekly injections of Abatacept. Feeling good, although fatigue is my constant companion
    Trying to stay sane with all the craziness going on in this world, getting out and about in nature is really helping.
    I hope you're well
    Last edited by freakyschizogirl; 04-24-2022 at 05:10 AM.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

12. Likes Alysia, mishb, MikeG-2012 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have been on Avacopan (Tavneos) over three months and might be having trouble with side effects. I spent the afternoon in our ER thinking I had a infection of my BAHA site and bladder infection. Pneumonia and Bladder infection are common infections while using Tavneos. I have trouble emptying my bladder and it often feels half full even after voiding and I often have several urges to void in a short period of time. Even thouogh my bladder felt full I had trouble getting enough urine for their urine sample but the lab said I had no signs of infection so it might be a side effect of Tavneos since that is one listed and they say to avoid use with prostrate problems that limit urination.i had some problems until my GPA flared and I had to take high dosage of Pred (60 mg daily) and then the urination seemed fine but now that i tapered back down to 6 mg it might also be back. I had a UroLift scheduled that I had to cancel when
    the GPA flared up.

The BAHA site is a question. It might be infected since that has happened before and the area is red and sore but I have a tendency to develop allergies to any antibiotic i use several times so there is a great reluctance to be cautious about using them unless it is clearly indicated. It was too late to get the prescription filed today so I will get reassessed tomorrow and then get the antibiotic if it seems warranted by the second evaluator. The next day it began draining so it is definitely infected and I started an antibiotic that I need to get extended today.

My labs were mostly the same but I noticed a couple were slightly lower and they might be contributing to the extreme fatigue and weakness I have been feeling lately. I spend 16-18 hours in bed most days and it is a struggle to get anything done in the few hours I am up between naps.

But i felt lucky and relieved that i got to go home and did not have to do a few days in patient care. But the uncertainty of what is causing the symptoms is stressful for me. i will hold the Tavneos until my GPA doctor reviews my issues.

Otherwise I am bored and tired of isolating to try avoid the Covid virus. I can't get any more shots since the first two caused a serious flare of my GPA that did a lot of damage and right now it is unlikely a vaccination would do any good given my repressed immune system from the medicines.
    Last edited by drz; 04-25-2022 at 09:51 PM.

14. Likes mishb, Alysia, MikeG-2012 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello,

After being on 4mg of prednisone my doctor has finally dropped me down to 3mg. So far I am doing okay with that dosage. Still taking 175mg of Imuran and going every 6 months for 500mg of Rituxan. There are days I am in lot's of foot pain from my neuropathy, as well as nerve joint pain. However, in the last 6 months I have had two colds that have impacted my lungs and caused wheezing and coughing, the first one put me in the hospital because I had gotten phenomena as well. They up my prednisone to get through the lung issues and put me on Albuterol. It troubles me why after having GPA for 4 1/2 years why all of a sudden I am getting these colds and getting sick. I did fine as far as staying healthy from colds, until recently.

I still try and keep with positive thoughts and grateful that I am doing better then I was 4 1/2 years ago.

16. Likes drz, mishb, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for this thread Alysia! Hello everyone!!

I have been very absent for a couple years. Just needed time for life to happen and gave up a lot of things for that to happen.

I had Covid back in December 2021, and about a month later, bilateral PE (both sides - lung) blood clots. Blood clots kicked my ___!! I am still on anti-coagulants, but should be able to get off those in a month (6 months worth). I have never experienced anything like the lung blood clots--and I've been through a LOT! I was off work for 2.5 months because I just did not have the lung function r energy to work. When I came back to work in March it was with a rollator walker because I had no lower body strength and fatigued very regularly. I still use the walker when I need to go long distances. I still struggle today with coughing and other amazingly annoying lingering Covid symptoms, but things are making SLOW and steady positive improvements. Maybe at my one year anniversary of all this, I might be back to a semi-normal.

Covid and the blood clots really screwed up my RTX schedule! I had to wait three months after Covid to have RTX, so that pushed me out to almost 10 months on my 6 month schedule. I have to say, I was more than a little concerned. But overall, it worked out and things are back on schedule--for now.

Wegs is pretty well managed, and Rituxan is still keeping me in chemical remission. My "greatest doc ever" rheumatologist retired at the end of April, and i have an appointment with another rheumy at the same clinic about a month before I am due for RTX again. I hope I get along with this guy, or I may need to make a trip to Cleveland or Mayo Clinics and have a doc there manage my RTX with my local healthcare providers.

My wife and I just got back from a 5 day visit with my parents in Cody, WY. That was a short trip! I wish I was old enough to retire so I could spend more time out there with them. <sigh> I will say, traveling with a rollator walker does have its advantages! We were always the first to board the plane--even before the "important" first class people. (-8 That was really nice!

I am looking forward to hearing from my group of "old friends". Sorry I've been away and inactive for so long. This time, I'll try to get on here more often.

Mike G
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

18. Likes Alysia, Pete, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike, sorry to hear about all you've had to endure but glad you are still here with us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Likes Pete, Alysia liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast