Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evusheld

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Evusheld

I was just informed by my rheumatologist's office that Evusheld was approved for emergency use ONCE ONLY. Hopefully this will be extended by the government since the treatment is good for 6 months. As with everything COVID-19, policies are fluid, but if the past is predictive, CDC gives immunocompromised patients lowest priority if that. The other question of course is how effective Evusheld is against variants BA.4 and BA.5 which will dominate the next wave.

2. Likes Dirty Don, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Re: Evusheld

I got the Evusheld shots last week and had a horrible reaction. The reaction was immediate and I was transferred to the ER. Has anyone else suffered from extreme fatigue, hot flashes, and bottomed out vitals right after the shots? I'm talking about, my pants weren't even buttoned yet when I was drenched in sweat and went down. I'm new to all this, support groups and stuff that is. I was diagnosed 3 years ago and have been doing it on my own since. But finally got the courage to reach out in hopes of finding others like me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry you had that reaction. No, but had no reaction to Evusheld.

5. Likes VictoriaG_12 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had no reaction to Evusheld injections but flared after the regular vaccinations for Covid so don't dare take any more boosters shots.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

7. Likes VictoriaG_12, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm supposed to get a booster come this fall and I'm terrified after my last reaction. Especially living in a small town where, every time I have to go to the ER, the doctors tell me they don't know much about my disease. One doctor actually said it was something he heard briefly about in med school during that chapter, then never anything after. My actual treatment center is over 2 hours away so I only go to my local hospital in extreme emergencies. And each time I'm left to fend for myself while the doctor Google's my condition. It all has made me afraid to get anything outside of my normal infusions. Sorry, if this is a lot. I've had nobody to talk about this stuff with for years.

9. Likes Dev liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaG_12 View Post
    I'm supposed to get a booster come this fall and I'm terrified after my last reaction. Especially living in a small town where, every time I have to go to the ER, the doctors tell me they don't know much about my disease. One doctor actually said it was something he heard briefly about in med school during that chapter, then never anything after. My actual treatment center is over 2 hours away so I only go to my local hospital in extreme emergencies. And each time I'm left to fend for myself while the doctor Google's my condition. It all has made me afraid to get anything outside of my normal infusions. Sorry, if this is a lot. I've had nobody to talk about this stuff with for years.
    I have had this experience too in my rural area. The doctor that tells you he lacks knowledge of GPA is much better than one who thinks he knows how to treat you but has no experience or skill in dealing with GPA . They can kill you with their mistakes. A good doctor will try consult with your treating team and follow their advice and try not to do any harm while keeping you alive. I also had many doctors in ER ask me what is usually done for my current problems and then they try do the same. That is why many GPA patients become experts on their disease and how their body reacts to it. Trust your instincts. The Vasculitis Foundation also has a list of experts around the world that consult with doctors and they are usually done gratis.
    Last edited by drz; 07-15-2022 at 11:43 AM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

11. Likes VictoriaG_12, Dirty Don, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! I appreciate this so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I write this during day 3 of Covid, I could have gone all day without reading this: https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/09/07/h...4-6/index.html

I started having symptoms on Labor Day evening — sore throat, greater than notrmal sinus drainage, and low grade fever. My wife took a Covid test Tuesday morning and called her PCP, right away. She got bebtelovimab yesterday. I called my PCP on Tuesday afternoon and she called in a Rx for paxlovid which I started Wednesday. I think I’m feeling better (read that as just a little less crappy), but still have way to go. Temp fluctuates between 100-101, sore throat, fatigue, no energy. Hope it doesn’t get worse…
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

14. Likes Dirty Don, Masha, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang tough my friend, another bump, you'll get past this one too.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

16. Likes Pete, Masha, drz, Razie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This just in …

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/26/healt...ion/index.htmlWith rise of new coronavirus variants, FDA halts authorization of Evusheld
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12