User Tag List

Likes Likes:  38
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone here receive Evusheld for covid prevention?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anyone here receive Evusheld for covid prevention?

How long does it take for Evusheld to be affective? How long will the protection last?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got Evusheld yesterday. The doc said I should develop some immunity almost immediately. Also said I’ll need another dose in about six months. As for the shots themselves, it was a nonevent— no injection site pain and no other reaction after 24 hours.

My next rtx is next month, and I’m going to ask Dr VillaForte about testing to see if Evusheld is working.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

3. Likes shankxonline, John S, Alysia, MaxD, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the two injections yesterday morning. The nurse kept me in the observation area for an hour. I have not had any reaction at all, unlike the vaccine. I’m very hopeful but aware that the US is still experiencing over 2000 Covid deaths daily and the newest variant is still a question mark.

5. Likes Pete, shankxonline, MaxD, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FDA revised Evusheld dosage on 2-24-22. We are now told to get 300, before this date we received 150. Now their revision says to go get another 150. Then you are to count six months from your second dose of 150 and get another 300.
    Just when I thought I was safe!

7. Likes John S, Alysia, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My doctors office called and set an appointment for Monday. I’ll get the extra dosage at that time.

9. Likes Masha, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two weeks since booster. Will get tested in two more weeks to see if there was any response. If not, doctor is ready to prescribe Evusheld and says he has ample supply. Of course, that was before the FDA upped the recommended dosage by 2x - thereby cutting the existing supply in half. The waiting makes me pretty anxious, but there is a lot of that these days.

11. Likes Masha, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had Sotrivimab, which is a monoclonal antibody.when I got Covid. I got quite unwell before I had it, quite quickly. My temp went over 40C and I became very dizzy and unsteady, at one point I ended up on the floor and I'm not sure how I got there! I had bitten my tongue on one side and my face also hurt on that side. I was admitted to hospital for a few hours and had IV antibiotics. I had Sotrovimab the next day. The NHS matches a positive test with their database of the priority group and a Dr from the Covid Treatment Centre contacts you within 24 hours and arranges the treatment.
    I had previously had 4 doses of Covid vaccine, I had a flare in October 2022 and started mycophenolate. I have Rituximab and am on steroids. the 4th dose of the vaccine seemed to make my GPA symptoms worse. I think the Sotrovimab probably worked quite well though.
    One month later though I am still testing positive on lateral flow tests and I can't say I feel great. My Consultant said it was likely to be Omicron Ba2, which takes you longer to recover from and would be at least a month.
    Take care guys!

13. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Rheumy is at MUSC Mt Pleasant. I saw her last Thursday and she strongly recommended I get it. They called me the next day and said I’m scheduled to receive it on the 20th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes Dirty Don liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received Evusheld 300 last week. As most folks wrote - non-event and no side effects (so far). Hoping that my body develops the required protection against the Covid variants :fingers crossed:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Likes Dirty Don liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123