User Tag List

Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Can Covid vaccine cause flare up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can Covid vaccine cause flare up?

I知 midway between infusions so I got my booster shot on Monday. As I知 immuno-compromised they gave me a full dose of Moderna. Since then I have been overly fatigued, had headaches and started getting nasal crusts again.
    Has anyone had a similar experience?

2. Likes Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Can Covid vaccine cause flare up?

I believe the Pfizer Covid vaccine may have triggered my flare in June. I was doing exceptionally well before, had my shot on June 9, then had sudden lung/chest pain 8 days after the shot. I had new nodules in my lung. It痴 been a battle to get this back under control, and now I have my booster booked for early January. Needless to say I知 nervous about it, but I do feel it痴 necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Can Covid vaccine cause flare up?

My Moderna vaccinations early this year caused my first serious flare in 10 years. The treatment of high dosage of prednisone and RTX and GPA flare caused a lot of damage to my body. I am reluctant to get a booster for this reason but am also worried about catching the virus. I will have some lab work to help assess whether to risk the booster or not. If I lack the necessary ability to create the antibodies needed for protection then there is no point in risking a booster. My doctor is also trying to get me onto Taveneos, the new drug approved for treating GPA, since he thinks it might help me avoid another flare from the booster shot.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!