Thread: kidney failure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default kidney failure

Hi

my GFR is increasing since a year back from 22.4 to 17.5 in the past I was with 7 creatinine and perform hemodialysis and changed to peritoneal dialysis for about a year then I have been with GFR 31.65 and stopped dialysis treatment does any one have the same condition worsening kidney function
    I am in remission since 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: kidney failure

@gmyl

Wow!! Compared to yours, my numbers are the picture of health. My creatinine has been edging up to 1.6 and my eGFR has been edging down through the mid 40s. I have an appointment with a nephrologist in December. Dr Villa Forte says my kidneys are “tired”. I have several benign cysts in each kidney (my Dad also had them). I have been dxed with stage 3 CKD.

In addition, I have BPH and excessive post-void retention. I take finasteride and flomax to treat the urinary symptoms of frequency and urgency. Urinalyses have been normal for nine years.

I have been in remission since 2014 and off prednisone since 2018. I feel pretty good, but at age 75, I’m starting to slow down a bit.

Hope your treatment plan gives the desired results.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

3. Likes drz, bobjannj liked this post