User Tag List

Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New medication approved for ANCA vasculitis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Virtual Summitt for GPA - including info on Avacopan 3.26.2022 10AM CST FREE

Virtual Summit: Current Treatments for GPA and MPA Including the Recently FDA-approved Avacopan
    Saturday, March 26.
    Join Dr. Peter Merkel and Dr. Tanaz Kermani for an online webinar discussion about current treatments for GPA And MPA, including the recently FDA-approved drug, avacopan. Dr. Merkel will give an overview of the medications and then Dr. Kermani will moderate a Q&A session with the attendees.
    No cost, but you must register in advance.
    Virtual Summit: Current Treatments for GPA and MPA Including the Recently FDA-approved Avacopan - Vasculitis Foundation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New medication approved for ANCA vasculitis.

I am on this drug! As soon as I started it in July they could take me off prednisone. It IS expensive. I'm on medicare with a PDP that I change pretty much every year. My insurance covered it with a deductible of $3,000 the first month. After that it is $773/month. My current insurance is dropping coverage for it in 2023 but I found another one that would cover it. Same terms as before, $3,000 first month and then $773/month. There is a way to get extra help to pay but you have to have a certain maximum income to qualify. The pharmacy company helps you apply for it if you qualify. This drug is one of the few positive things about my recent relapse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by little sister View Post
    I am on this drug! As soon as I started it in July they could take me off prednisone. It IS expensive. I'm on medicare with a PDP that I change pretty much every year. My insurance covered it with a deductible of $3,000 the first month. After that it is $773/month. My current insurance is dropping coverage for it in 2023 but I found another one that would cover it. Same terms as before, $3,000 first month and then $773/month. There is a way to get extra help to pay but you have to have a certain maximum income to qualify. The pharmacy company helps you apply for it if you qualify. This drug is one of the few positive things about my recent relapse.
    I was on for a few months but developed a couple infections and had to stop it to treat the infections. After wards my treating doctors didn't think it was was worth the risk to try restarting it. I got it free and ended up with two or three bottles of it that would cost $8000 at full price a month which went to waste. It made me feel bad but the laws and medical procedures don't allow you to return any such meds to the pharmacy for safety reasons.

My current treating doctor for Wegs said her patients have not generally had good results with it so I didn't feel bad about not trying it again. I will get RTX every six months instead. I never got off the prednisone meds either and am still on 71/2 mg daily.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on cytoxan and prednisone initially and then cytoxan and avacopan to get me into remission. Now I stay on the avacopan and get rtx every 6 months to stay in remission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12