The other day I had severe pain and spasms in the left chest wall that immobilized me. A couple days later it is down about 50% It was a new symptoms for me and worst pain I can remember. No idea what causes it. It is often called a longer medical term and sounds like an inflammation of cartilage connected to the ribs. I wonder if it is related to GPA.

There is no treatment for it since cause is unknown but to help with pain they bound my chest tightly, gave me some muscle relaxant and recommended putting heat on painful area. This pain usually goes away by it self but the pain can be very severe. .

Costochondritis is an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage. The condition usually affects the cartilage where the upper ribs attach to the breastbone, or sternum, an area known as the costosternal joint or costosternal junction.

Chest pain caused by costochondritis can range from mild to severe. Mild cases may only cause your chest to feel tender to touch or some pain when you push on the area of your chest cartilage.