Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Bad Smell and taste During GPA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bad Smell and taste During GPA

Hi I was diagnosed with GPA 4 weeks ago but have had symptoms for about 12 weeks now. But for last 8 weeks have developed very bad smell and taste problem especially with food items with flavor and smell.
    I doctor has just started me on PREDNISONE 60MG daily ABF orally.

Is it due to sinuses?? but my ENT says there is no problem with my sinuses; coz all looks good when he sees by hand held scope. Should i go for an MRI.

is this normal in GPA??

Does one ever recover from this smell/taste condition??

2. Likes Samatata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bad Smell and taste During GPA

Nothing is normal with GPA first of all. My sinuses thus taste are wiped out. Pred could cause that, does wonders for the appetite! My ENT not only took a hand held scope, but rammed a TV tube up there and showed me the damage...hmmm, that wasn't fun, but it was exposing as I could see where some GPA effects did damage. Not sure an MRI would do any better than that up there. As for recovering, mmm, maybe...sometimes...I hope so...nope, permanent damage there. Best to you...it's a long road and sometimes bumpier than we know.

PS: I hope you're getting experienced help from the docs, many have never seen this disease in action.
    Last edited by Dirty Don; 09-23-2021 at 01:20 AM.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

4. Likes Pete, Masha, drz, [email protected]$0N, Alysia liked this post