Hi everyone - Looking to see others experiences with similar issues. I have been diagnosed with GPA for over 25 years. Used Cytoxan for 10+ years as other meds were not effective for flare stabilization. Since Rutuximab was approved - have had good results/stabilization - have some reaction with every infusion - now taking every 9 months for continued support. Previous to December 2020 when I was dx with COVID, I had intermittent transient pain: arthralgias and myalgias, minor vasculitis rashes on lower legs, fatigue issues. I work as a Nurse Practitioner in an acute care hospital - diagnosed 4 days prior to initial scheduled vaccine dose.
I stayed home x 2 weeks and received remdizivir as well, then waited 3 months to be given COVID vaccines.
After COVID, I have continued to experience previous symptoms of muscle/joint pains, fatigue but now they are not going away - just fulltime experiences... They are just there and have worked me down to total exhaustion. I am currently off work while we review labs, etc for potential progressive muscle autoimmune disease. Planned muscle studies - EMGs - but GPA labs/everyday labs are all stable - no inflammation - normal SED rate, CRP, CK levels. I am looking to see if anyone has similar issues of continuous symptoms of pain, weakness, fatigue and normal labs and what your providers tell you... The depression - which is new for me, is not good - but dealing... My rheumatologist is helpful but limited experience - so seeking others experiences. Did just get booster shot #3 - as hopeful that I can return to work at some time as I am 57... not ready to quit. Thank you for your time and review...
Nancy