Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Third Vaccine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Third Vaccine

I had my rtx infusion today (500 mg). Dr Villa Forte gave me a choice: get a COVID booster no later than tomorrow or wait 5 months after infusion (and one month before my next one). I opted to wait. My wife and I are leaving on a trip later in the week. I don’t want to deal with side effects during the next few days. I had about 18 hours of flu like symptoms afer Pfizer dose #2.

I did get my flu shot today — fwiw.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those of us on Rituximab don’t seem to develop and keep antibodies. I’m wearing my mask, keeping distance and monitoring my health. If I contract COVID-19 I’ll do my damndest to get Regeneron quickly.

4. Likes Masha, shankxonline, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like most of us - I was faced with choice of going for 3rd jab or move ahead with my scheduled Rtx IV. I had taken the 2nd Pfizer vac a month ago - being delayed due to my last Rtx. I leaned towards going ahead with Rtx and wait for 5 more months. Iff there were antibodies created by last 2 Pfizer jabs - great. I couldn't risk delaying my Rtx.

And I agree, I still consider myself as if I am unvaccinated and take precaution for myself and others around me.

6. Likes Masha, drz, John S, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Those of us on Rituximab don’t seem to develop and keep antibodies. I’m wearing my mask, keeping distance and monitoring my health. If I contract COVID-19 I’ll do my damndest to get Regeneron quickly.
    I got Covid a little over a month ago and had the Regeneron. I think anyone like us on Rituxan would fair better to avoid more vax shots and go with Regeneron until there is more data. Slippery slope when the vax is causing intense flares.

8. Likes John S, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Good advice to maintain precautions. I got the same advice even though testing indicated I developed some antibodies but doctors said we don''t know if they are enough and the right kind to yield protection or how long they will last so still try be safe to avoid infection. I also developed a significant flare that required lots of treatment, RTX and high dosage of prednisone with a 25 pound weight gain and other bad side effects like popping a bicept muscle.
    Last edited by drz; 09-27-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

10. Likes Masha, J@$0N, John S, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    other bad side effects like popping a bicept muscle.
    Is this a side effect from one of the treatments? I have had interesting and different types of muscular pains after treatment..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello thanks for being here, I greatly appreciate it. Saturday 10/2, I have chosen to get my main medicine Rituxan Infusion in lieu of rushing to get the 3rd shot. My medicine is due now, and I do not want to get GPA sick again. For the 1st time in a year, I feel ok. (the 2nd shot got me very very GPA sick, it took 3.5 months to recover) I have found that we can check our antibodies and if none or nil, our doctors can help us get compassionate use of regeneron in lieu of the vaccine with is ineffective with RTX and our medical issues. I have my follow up with my Rheumy November 14 and will discuss with him then. I am safe at home mostly and when I go out I mask up and choose where I go very carefully. GLAD to hear that people are using regeneron, I think it may be the choice I need to make, 4 months after my infusion of RTX.

13. Likes Pete, shankxonline, Alysia, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J@$0N View Post
    Is this a side effect from one of the treatments? I have had interesting and different types of muscular pains after treatment..
    Prednisone weakens your body to increase risk of torn skin and connective tissue. Tearing a tendon becomes a real risk and problem if it happens. I was warned about it when I started my follow up treatment after ICU. A deep massage could do damage.

Muscle and joint pain is common symptom of GPA and a frequent residual symptom that varies in intensity,
    Last edited by drz; 09-27-2021 at 12:24 PM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

15. Likes Alysia, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know... i've been having some tendon/muscle issues after treatment and wasn't sure what it was. They injected 40mg of prednisone and didn't notices these issues till after treatment. Thank you!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my third about 2 wks ago. I feel crappy most of the time, so hard to tell if I had any flu-like symptoms. It felt pretty normal for me, i.e., muscle and joint aches -- not horrid, but just always present. When I take hydrocodone (only 5mg), I feel pretty decent, but about every 3 months or so, I decide to detox and then I go into the twitching, aches, sweats, etc for a couple days. But, its all worth it, as the hydrocodone allows me to feel normal for a few hrs a day.

But, I digress, yes, I got the 3rd shot. Who knows if it was the right thing to do. You can get a "credible" opinion to support whatever you believe. Sure wish there was a good source for news without the spin.

18. Likes Pete, Dirty Don, Masha, Alysia liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast