Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Vaccine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Third Vaccine

Like I mentioned in another post, I decided not to take the shot. I tested positive on Wednesday of last week and have had an adventure. I will suggest that you talk to you Rheumatologist about the Antibody Therapy. I was able to get it the day after i tested positive and made a big difference. I had and have my concerns with it also, but prayerfully determined it was the right choice. Now I’m struggling with some other issues and wondering if the virus caused a flare.

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be taking the third jab when it's available to me.
    I am on strong antirejection drugs (Immunosuppressants) and considering I had no reaction to the first 2 jabs and the fact that I'm at extremely high risk of severe problems from Covid, I believe a third jab is the best choice for me.
    Diagnosed April 1995

4. Likes Masha, Dirty Don, John S, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting the third as soon as they'll let me. Very low odds of having a reaction and it might help. Its kind of like getting your last rights -- doesn't hurt any no matter which way you believe, so what the hell, why not.

6. Likes Dirty Don, Masha, DStaelens, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my third shot on Monday. Sore arm and a minor headache reactions, but nothing else. Stopping MTX for 2 weeks.

8. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyTPA View Post
    Have you read the article that came out in June regarding Rituxan and the vaccine. https://academic.oup.com/rheumap/art...searchresult=1 - it is regarding effectiveness of vaccine when on rituxan. It is recommending to not have rituxan for 6 months after a vaccine. For this reason and when I had the 2nd shot of pfizer 3/19/21 and had GPA flare several days later, and a rituxan influsion on 4/9 and 5/28. I am finally feeling better and have my next infusion scheduled for 10/2/21. Since I am newly diagnosed, 12/2020, I am not taking the risk of getting sick again and need to have the infusion of rituxan to keep well. Frightened of covid, yet GPA scared me more. Keeping it one day at a time, and will adjust if necessary.
    Thanks everyone for being here, I appreciate it very much.
    Look into the antibody treatment, Regeneron. It helped me quite a bit.

10. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had my second AZ dose start of July, looking at RTX November or December (still up in the air due to lockdowns and work). Had no effects apart from a sore arm. I’ve been acting as if I didn’t have a vaccine, with masks, distancing, hand washing, etc. If my doctor recommends a booster, I’ll be getting a booster. If not, I won’t, and just continue the current regimen.
    Life lessons for all of us;

Never eat at a place called Ma’s.
    Never shoot pool with a guy called Pop.
    Never try to eat anything bigger than your head.

12. Likes Pete, Dirty Don, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, just got third one yesterday. My rheumatologist is ordering antibodies test prior to infusion. I am with you vdub I’ll get the last rites too!

14. Likes drz, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience has been that prior to the vaccine get a T-B Cell screen. If you don't have T and B Cells you will not develop antibodies from the vaccine. I got both vaccines in February and April. Had a T-B Cell screen done two weeks after the last vaccine to see where I was being one month out from next RTX infusion. It came back with zero T cells and zero B cells. So I had an antibody test ordered (did this on my own due to hospital politics) and it came back with zero antibodies. My doctors still insist I should get a booster vaccine. I'm going to request a T-B cell screen before I get the booster because if there are no T or B cells then it's a moot point to get the booster. Don't take this as medical advise just my take on my own situation. I'm so tired of doctors telling me to get a vaccine without doing the due diligence on their part. The rationale I've been given is that even if it doesn't do anything for me; it won't hurt me. But on the same note, I don't want to live with a false sense of security.

16. Likes drz, Peter Marsham, J@$0N, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyl View Post
    Don't take this as medical advise just my take on my own situation. .
    I'm like you only sharing my experience. But as I was discussing in another post, I decided not to "vax" for a few reasons. I tested positive for COVID a few weeks back and was given the antibody therapy that helped tremendously. I developed COVID in the timeframe between Rituxan infusions that would have been ideal if I were able to build antibodies, but happy that I was able to get the therapy. I was told that the antibodies would remain at least 90 days and would be able to do the same if I were to get COVID again. My wife was given a treatment and she felt better within a few days. Agree whole heartedly about the Drs pushing the "vax" without considering treatments as well. Don't get me wrong, I was and am skeptical a bit about the antibody therapy as well, but it is pushing something in that you don't have vs causing your body to react.

18. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the third pfizer vaccin about a month ago. Israel started first in the world with it and immune compromised patients were the first to be invited to get it.
    I only had a bit of a sore arm. I didnt check the antibodies, my health service refused to give me this test. I can do it privately but it will cost me and I will have to go to a crowded place. I avoid those places. I behave like I am not vaccinated. No idea how much it protects me because my Igg and Igm are below the normal. I shop online, work online mostly or in a distance with mask, I am very careful. Anyway my true "vaccin" is God.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast