Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Vaccine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Third Vaccine

Who is going in for a third vaccine? My feelings are mixed. If the first two didn’t work why should a third. Or could it be that it would work. I messaged my rheumatologist for her feelings on this. How are all of you feeling about a third?

2. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Third Vaccine

Dr. Villa Forte advised me to not get a booster at this time.

4. Likes Pete, Masha, Dirty Don, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had first 2 shots, Mayo suggested I wait on the 3rd. Feel fine, no problems, will listen to docs.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

6. Likes Masha, Pete, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 3rd dose of moderna yesterday per my rheumatologist recommendation. My spike protein was negative and I’m on prednisone, methotrexate, and rituxan. I feel a little punk today but worth it if I get some protection.

8. Likes Masha, Dirty Don, Pete, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still recovering from my flare from the vaccinations and am concerned that a booster would cause another flare of my GPA. I did get some protection from the vaccinations but how much and for how long is the question.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

10. Likes Masha, J@$0N, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    I am still recovering from my flare from the vaccinations and am concerned that a booster would cause another flare of my GPA. I did get some protection from the vaccinations but how much and for how long is the question.
    I have a few reasons for not taking the vaccine in the first place and one of my fears is the reaction you had to it. I am extremely sensitive to most meds and am one of those that has the rare side effects from them. I don't recall the users name but I like the way they put it. In our condition, if our immune systems are like dynamite right now, would a vaccine of any kind be the blasting cap? Thoughts?

12. Likes Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the 1st and 2nd Moderva in April, my last Rituxan was December 2020. I’m on prednisone and methotrexate. Had antibodies test in July that came back negative. Doctor ok 3 rd shot In July. Will try antibiotics test end of September. With Coronavirus disease we have to keep trying. Be safe all.

14. Likes Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you read the article that came out in June regarding Rituxan and the vaccine. https://academic.oup.com/rheumap/art...searchresult=1 - it is regarding effectiveness of vaccine when on rituxan. It is recommending to not have rituxan for 6 months after a vaccine. For this reason and when I had the 2nd shot of pfizer 3/19/21 and had GPA flare several days later, and a rituxan influsion on 4/9 and 5/28. I am finally feeling better and have my next infusion scheduled for 10/2/21. Since I am newly diagnosed, 12/2020, I am not taking the risk of getting sick again and need to have the infusion of rituxan to keep well. Frightened of covid, yet GPA scared me more. Keeping it one day at a time, and will adjust if necessary.
    Thanks everyone for being here, I appreciate it very much.

16. Likes Alysia, Samatata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr. Villa Forte emailed me last night with advice to get third shot 1-2 months BEFORE next Rituximab treatment.
    I just had an infusion on Tuesday so that means mid December at the earliest for me.

18. Likes Dirty Don, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completed my 2nd dose a month ago. Scheduled for Rtx end of Sep. I guess I will wait on if and when 3rd shot goes after that

20. Likes J@$0N, Alysia liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast