Thread: Third Vaccine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Third Vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    From what I am reading today protection from vaccination starts to wane at 3 months and provides little protection after 6 months, hence the need for boosters.
    I have not had the vaccine but contracted Delta in Augusta and was given the antibody therapy. I caught it right at one month before my Rituxan infusion. I decided to test for antibodies and was offered the test for those vaccinated to measure a level of antibodies. After two months I have much higher antibody levels than a workmate that had the vaccination. The lady that performed the test questioned if I had just gotten over it within the last week. I am NOT A DOCTOR.. but it seems like the antibody therapy allowed me to get over the virus without putting my own immune system through the task. My ANCA/PR3 numbers were much better than anticipated after having the virus and I believe it is due to not having to make my immune system work so hard. Please consider mentioning this to your doctor. TBH I doubt I will take another vaccination again of any kind and definitely not boosters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunnyl View Post
    I had a conversation with a rheumatologist from my group at Walter Reed yesterday with regard to getting the booster vaccine. She basically told me that there are a lot of other sub-groups of T and B cells that affect antibody development besides the specific group that they look for and that there really is no data for them to go by with regard to effectiveness of the vaccines and booster vaccine as it pertains to GPA patients treated with Rituximab. She recommended that when I get past the upper respiratory infection I'm currently fighting and my body has time to recover that I should get the booster and then wait about a month to do my next infusion which as due next month. I will tell you that it was the best explanation from any doctor I've talked to about this subject and the most honest feedback I've received. So I will get the third jab as soon as I'm "healthy" enough to get it. Not exactly confident it will do anything for me but there's a chance.
    That’s precisely what I did based on my rheumatologist’s recommendations. Had a delay in the plan because of a cold, but then I got my COVID booster followed by flu vaccine 2 weeks later. This will push back Rituxan, but my rheumatologist doesn’t get excited about waiting a few more weeks as long as I am in remission.

3. Likes gunnyl, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I 've had two Pfizer-shots, the last one in June.
    Also I took the flu-shot last week.

After the flu shot I suffered from bloody nose, stuffed feeling in my head and fever.

Now with the new coronavirus variant 'Omicron' I 'm not sure about the so-called 'third vaccination' or 'boostershot'.
    I'm waiting for the latest scientific reports...
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHRIS! I'm always glad to hear from you. You may not know it, but we have a special connection. If I go way back to the very first message I received on this forum, it was from you.

Sorry to hear you had some difficulty. I've had two pfizer, plus a pfizer booster, and a flu shot with no problems that I know of, but its sometimes difficult to say when you feel crappy most of the time.

For the past few days I've been having to put up with a sore throat, aching (but I always ache), coughing with lots of spitum, and a headache. I figured it was just a bad cold, but got a covid test anyway. I was right; the test was negative and the doctor said I just had to let the cold run its course. I think I've turned the corner on it as I'm feeling much better today.

I'm getting pretty tired of all this covid stuff. Omicron? Already? How many variants are we going to get? Is this thing just going to keep hammering away until we give up and let it take the weakest in the herd? I'm not so worried about me or others my age, but I do wish our children and grandchildren could experience the same great life I did.

6. Likes Pete, Dirty Don, chrisTIn@, seied, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my 4th dose of Moderna on April 21, (third dose on October 2021). My only side effect is a sore arm and a head ache the next day. The only medication i take is 50 mg of Azathioprine. Have not had covid so i'm not sure how it would effect me. I have friends who have had 3 shots and got covid. They said it was like a bad cold. They are in their 70,s but healthy people. The vaccine seems of effect different people differently but i think it is worth the risk.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345