Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reactions to Covid-19 vaccinations

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Reactions to Covid-19 vaccinations

Ive had 2 doses of the astra Zeneca vaccine and had no reaction to either dose - not even a sore arm. I suppose I do worry what it is really doing to the body and take the point crown eagle is making. I have been diagnosed a year ago in May. i have just come off my daily prednisolone as recommended by my nephrologist as this seems to be the protocol> aim on Rituximab every 6 months. I also take alendrotnic acid and calcium and vitamins D for bones, co trimoazole for lungs and iberiston for BP for my kidneys. Ive noticed over the last 3 months I am getting stiff joints> previously I had inflammatory arthritis but that resolved and was probably just the precursor to Wegners. My question is are the stiff joints related to Wegners?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ljeff View Post
    Ive had 2 doses of the astra Zeneca vaccine and had no reaction to either My question is are the stiff joints related to Wegners?
    Roving joint pains are often one of the first signs of developing Wegener's granulomatosis. For me it was also one of my most common residual effects of the Wegener's granulomatosis along with increased bleeding in the sinuses. Inflammation of my eyelids were also a another common effect along with increased fatigue.Residual effects often tend to mimic those that were present when you were first diagnosed but they can and do evolve over time which can make them harder to recognize.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

3. Likes chrisTIn@, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you treat your joint pains with any specific medication
    Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Roving joint pains are often one of the first signs of developing Wegener's granulomatosis. For me it was also one of my most common residual effects of the Wegener's granulomatosis along with increased bleeding in the sinuses. Inflammation of my eyelids were also a another common effect along with increased fatigue.Residual effects often tend to mimic those that were present when you were first diagnosed but they can and do evolve over time which can make them harder to recognize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ljeff View Post
    Did you treat your joint pains with any specific medication
    My joint pain seemed part and parcel of normal Wegener granulomatosis so no additional treatment beyond treating the Wegener's granulomatosis with an auto immune suppressant and prednisone was necessary to relieve the symptoms. During my early serious illness I had to receive a lot of transfusions, plasmapheresis, and intubation just to survive the Wegener's granulomatosis. If you have some additional joint problems like arthritis, then some additional medicine might be prescribed for you. During my current flare I had some joint pain and general muscle aches throughout my body but this was also relieved by boosting my prednisone medicine up to 60 mg a day. I will get my rituximab treatment tomorrow. Then they can start trying to taper down my prednisone medicine.
    Last edited by drz; 05-04-2021 at 07:09 AM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

6. Likes Pete, Dirty Don, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the original Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination one and two. After the second shot I had a big neurological reaction : new and increased symptoms with my multiple sclerosis.
    My husband, even at 75, was healthy as a horse until he got the Covid vaccinations. After his second Pfizer shot he He began sneezing and coughing out of control, terrible pain in his face in the right side of sinus, water pouring out of his eyes, no appetite and refused food, bloody nose became constant And his lungs showed GPA spots all over. He has been stable taking 6 mnth Rituxin infusions. My MS is unstable, I've also developed rheumatoid arthritis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12