I suspect most of us have received our vaccinations for Covid-19. I know some people had some symptoms and discomfort after the vaccinations, especially after the second shot. But most people seem to have little or no discomfort from the vaccinations. I got the Moderna vaccine and did have some allergic reaction to both shots but the second one was more serious so I went to the ER and got some treatment but felt OK the next day.

Yesterday or two months later than my second shot I went to the Walk In clinic with some new symptoms that puzzled me. I had had two bad nose bleeds recently which usually is an indication i need to increase my prednisone meds to handle a fluctuations in my residual symptoms. My rheumatologist has suggested I increase prednsione from 6 mg back up to 10 for a couple weeks. I did this several days ago.

I used to be at 5 for several years but not able to get below 6 in past year. I always get an increase when I go to the hospital for inpatient treatment for pneumonia or other infection.

The clinician ruled out flu since there have been some cases in our area recently which might have explained my symptoms of serious fatigue, muscle aches all over and loss of appetite. I also tested negative for Covid-19. My lungs seemed clear so no indication of pneumonia. No fever or chills or other symptoms.

Her theory was the vaccination might have triggered a flare or relapse in my GPA or another new autoimmune disorder since they have seen other cases where patients with autoimmune disorders relapse or flare after their second vaccinations since it does activate the immune system.

Has anyone else had any similar experience?