Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Lab values

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lab values

I was diagnosed with wegeners about 4 Yrs ago. Been taking rituxin every 6 months. Just had labs done for IgG, IgM and IgA. All were low especially IgM. Albumin/ Globulin ratio is normal. He reran the tests and sent to a different lab. Same results. My Dr is confused. Any insight from anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Lab values

My numbers haven't been terribly consistent over the years, but my docs aren't numbers chasers. With RTX in your system already & no other side effects/symptoms, another consultation or ride it out for another few months could be choices for you. Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

3. Likes mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Don. I see my nephrologist in a couple months. I will have her order those labs.

It was my rheumatoid Dr who I go to but I just have Wegeners, not rheumatoid, and it affected my kidneys. At least he did say if the 2nd labs come back the same, and they did, I shouldn’t receive my next Rituxin infusion which is scheduled in 2 weeks.

So I just hope it won’t affect my kidneys by not getting it. My creatinine has been averaging 1.2 - 1.5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My creatinine is in that range, almost always...Mayo doesn't think enough of it, considering other issues, to go after it right now...they'd rather wait and see. Not just a safety issue with Covid, but also with us...pumping RTX for long term doesn't have a lot of info yet...better to be careful if one can recognize and deal with their symptoms. My kidneys are fine so far. Luck on yours...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

6. Likes drz liked this post