Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ongoing Sinus Issues

Greetings--

Hope everybody here is doing well. I first posted here back in December of 2019 after testing positive for C-ANCA/PR-3. At the time, my symptoms weren't screaming GPA and I didn't end up with a diagnosis (I do have Autoimmune Hepatitis and some inflammatory arthritis for which I take Imuran and Plaquenil).

Last summer, I started experiencing occasional intermittent pain in both ears and my sinuses, congestion, post nasal drip, voice hoarseness (over the past few months). I've also been experiencing tinnitus on and off for about a year. I took OTC sinus meds a few months back, which did little. I started taking another round today.

Around the same time last summer, I started experiencing inflammation/pain in both knees (prior to this, arthritis pain was mostly hands and feet, though, at this time was mostly under control). I also had a minor flair of what appeared to be leukocytoclastic vasculitis on my lower limbs, which came and went in a couple weeks.

Theoretically, if I do have Wegener's, I'm already kind of treating it with the Imuran and Plaquenil which will make a diagnosis very difficult. The thing that's weird to me is that these sinus issues been "smoldering" for so long, as if the cause is mostly under control but not completely.

Based on all of the experience here, does this sound at all like it might be GPA related? Do any of you have "smoldering" sinus issues like this even with treatment? Has my other AI issues and ANCA positivity turned me into a hypochondriac?

Thanks for taking the time! Appreciate any guidence!
    Last edited by robertlevigarrett; 03-18-2021 at 12:51 AM.

2. Likes drz liked this post