Hi everyone, my name’s Rae. I'm currently having tests for possible Wegener's because of scabs on my septum that i had for years and some symptoms that I've been having for the past 6 months including night sweats, palpitations and a bounding pulse.
My nose has had a slight dip at the mid vault/internal valve area on one side for a couple of years but I've noticed recently that this is much more obvious now. Could this be my nose collapsing? There is no dip over the bridge or on the other side yet.
My nasal breathing isn't great. At times I feel like there's a loss of sensation of breathing in my nose and my automatic breathing had all but disappeared and I feel like I'm manually breathing. Other times it feels congested and hard to get air in. My nose inside is not very sensitive at all and I am able to covid swab my nose with absolutely no flinching or discomfort. I also jolt awake at night almost like apneas. I have had pain in my left trap muscle for the last 5 months and had a period of neck pain over the carotids which has now gone away. An ultrasound was fine.
Over the course of the months I've had several ESR tests and c-reactive protein tests and levels have never been raised. I'm awaiting results from specific GPA blood tests and have had CT scans requested. I have no problems lung/chest wise and had a 24 hour urine test done which came back fine. All full blood count levels were also fine. The nasal crusting has cleared up with Naseptin cream. Could this be GPA? Thank you