Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flare up and Rituximab route questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Flare up and Rituximab route questions

Just completed 800 mg first infusion of Ruxience. Turned out to be non-eventful (so far) and am able to walk back home. Palpitations were higher - but no reaction during the infusion process. Solumderol, Tylenol and Bendryl were given as pre-meds.

Now hoping the B-cells curb down helps control GPA and kidneys while still keeping me away from acquiring new infections.

Self-isolation, regular follow ups and strict low sugar diet along with active workouts is the plan for next few months as my body adjusts to this new normal

2. Likes Peter Marsham, Pete liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,
    I have been on Rituximab since I was diagnosed almost 4 years ago. Like most have posted the first one was longer then the rest. My infusion in the beginning is like yours 800mg X4 weeks every 6 months. For the past year and a half I have been doing one 500mg every 6 months. So far so good with that. My life for the most part has been somewhat back to normal, the biggest exception is my medicine regimen. I have suffered severe neuropathy in my left leg which has actually gotten a lot better which is making it easier for me to walk more. I definitely attribute my health getting better due to the Rituximab. I hope you found your infusions went fine.

Best,
    Sandy

4. Likes drz, me2, Masha, John S, Pete, Dirty Don, shankxonline liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi smileyurbs

Yes - completed all 4 first infusions and went well. The numbers will show improvement over time I am told - but I am feeling good so far. Tapering on Prednisone every 2 weeks.

6. Likes Pete, John S liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete, what made you go from methotrexate to rtx? This is my second year with gpa, and I am not taking Prednisone anymore (started with 60 mg). I am still taking methotrexate (calcium, vitamin d, folic acid, vitamin b12, budesinone nose rinsings), and all my labs are OK, everything is in the normal ranges, and my rheumatologist said I was in remission. My main problems is that I get tired easily, and I sleep more than normal. I asked my rheumy about rtx but he said that probably that would be too aggressive, and that methotrexate was lower in aggressiveness for the body. I am also still having problems with my ears. Presently I use hearing aids to teach and I can hear well without them, but I think that without prednisone i may have more problems with my ears, and I was wondering if rtx would help more my ears and my tiredness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Lea

I went to rtx from mtx because I was having too much fatigue from mtx. I was on both for a year, but my doctor decided I only needed rtx going forward.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

9. Likes John S, me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that the answer for me does not rely on choosing the correct medication. Instead it has relied on choosing the best doctor to treat me. I chose Dr Villa Forte because she is a rheumatologist that has specialized in GPA for her entire career. I take what she tells me to take, I do what she tells me to do. So far, the results have been very good.

11. Likes Pete liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12