Likes Likes:  26

Thread: Happy New Year Old Friends

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Happy New Year Old Friends

Hello gang, and a very Happy New Year to all of you and your loved ones.

I wish you all an abundance of health, joy, laughter, love, and prosperity for the year ahead.

I was contemplating today on the things I'm grateful for, and this forum hangs out near the top of the list. It/you were instrumental in my healing process and very empowering through my WG journey in a number of ways too many to count. I've gained life long friends, and even if we communicate sporadically we still feel a connection only acquired by going through Wegener's boot camp together. There are so many insanely strong individuals hanging out through the various threads on this forum, and sadly we've lost some of them to the beast, but they will forever remain alive in our hearts and minds.

This forum is one of the blessings in the gross roll of dice that is this disease.
    I am grateful to you all who supported me while I was at my weakest.
    You inspired me.
    You got me to where I am today.... and I can't complain.
    Nobody knows what tomorrow holds, but today is pretty great.
    Thanks to you all.

Peace,
    marta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Happy New Year Old Friends

Well Hello Marta! and all of you amazing Weggies out there.

I have to say you haven't lost your gift for getting the words in the right order and conveying the correct sentiment Marta. I totally agree with everything you wrote.
    Yes there is a touch of sadness when we thing of our dear friends whom we met here and no longer contribute to this forum but their spirit will live forever.
    This Forum saved me back in 2008 when I left hospital, glad to be alive but without a clue as to what and where my path lay.
    A big hug to all of you who gave me information, peace and brought a smile to my face.
    I now realise that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, in fact something like WG can either Define, Destroy or Strengthen your resolve and life.
    Lets take it and give it back in spades.

Happy New Year with lots of love.

Geoff

3. Likes Pete, mishb, Peter Marsham, marta, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love to you both and to everyone else, from Oz

What a crazy year we have all been through and continue to go through.

Geoff you are so right about marta and her words, and you are also correct in the forum that saves us.
    2009 was when I first came across this forum, but was too scared to become a member, (or to comment on anything), and therefore (after a kick in the butt from my sister) finally made it official at the end of 2010.

For anyone out there that is reading this post, don't lurk around and just read, like I did, become a member.
    It really does help a lot more than you will ever know, if you become part of the amazing group of people that we call "Weggies"

Happy New Year, friends
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

5. Likes Peter Marsham, Dirty Don, drz, Geoff, marta, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post

I now realise that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, in fact something like WG can either Define, Destroy or Strengthen your resolve and life.
    Lets take it and give it back in spades.

Geoff
    I'm going to bring up that weird little speech by Arnold last week, where he brought up his Conan sword, and talked about the process of tempering a sword. How to make a sword get stronger it takes more times of heating it up to almost melting, beating the crap out of it, and then dunking it in frozen water.... with each repeat of the process, the sword gets stronger.

I absolutely loved that analogy. I feel like WG is the temper that is making us stronger and stronger.
    We are slowly turning into "Honjo Masamune". Check it out

Massive love to you all
    m

7. Likes Pete, drz, mishb, Geoff liked this post