User Tag List

Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New User with no diagnosis. Looking for advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New User with no diagnosis. Looking for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDuh View Post
    My insurance starts in Jan and I’ve made an appointment with my new primary already. My plan is to ask for that referral to Mayo. That’s my goal at this point because I’ve heard so many people getting results from them.
    That's great news. I wonder if you could speed things up by asking for that referral NOW from your old doc and the new doc if the old doc says no? Can't hurt to ask. I've had good luck working with the nurse of some docs rather than the doc directly. Be a pest. Be persistent without being pushy. This is extremely important to you. Sometimes they are too busy seeing too many people and need some nudging.

2. Likes Dirty Don, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would add to me2: start calling Mayo now for an appt., should be with rheumatology, as it may take some time to get in. My 1st appt with them took 2 weeks of phone calls every day to get an appt as quickly as possible. They are booked, but vacancies appear pretty regularly, so you can get lucky! Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

4. Likes me2, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been struggling with these serious symptoms for so long—too long. Others have already mentioned getting a second opinion and being persistent so I don’t have any new advice. I certainly hope you can find answers and a suitable course of treatment

Here are the U S News and World Reports rankings for rheumatology. Some are much closer to Florida than Mayo if that helps.

https://health.usnews.com/best-hospi...s/rheumatology

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am sorry to hear how badly you are feeling. Your Dr ruled out Wegeners which is GPA, but did
    they sat anything about MPA? That is very similar to GPA, Treated the same way. The positive anca
    is why I am asking. Good luck 🍀 in getting a diagnosis. Wishing you a Healthy New Year.

Island girl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12