Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Thank You Everybody!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thank You Everybody!

It has been quite a while since I've been on here. From 2009 when I learned the word, Wegener's, the word, Vasculitis and then later it became Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis. Trying to pronounce these words seemed harder than dealing with the active disease. LOL The only time you would see me on here was when I had a massive issue that I couldn't deal with and I was always asking for advice from those of you who have been through the hoops longer than me. This time around, I want to thank everybody who has replied to some of my posts. Because of you I ended up finding an amazing Rheumatologist who works along side with my Nephrologist to keep the disease activity in check. Just because I feel the way I used to before Vasculitis it doesn't mean I should only show up when I have a problem but to try and pass on any assistance I can to newly diagnosed patients that are in the same position where I was when this chaotic life first started. Mind you, I still have issues...but the everyday OUCH OUCH OUCH has finally stopped. The last OUCH I uttered was because I clipped my fingernails too short. At least this time it was all my fault and not from a flare. The only sad news is the person that suggested I get a Rheumatologist has unfortunately passed away from Wegener's/GPA. I felt so bad because it was because of him insisting I get a Rheumatologist, things started to get better. I came on here to thank him, only to find out that he died. My heart sank like a battleship at sea. Without his persistence I probably would have never done my Rheumatologist searching. To those of you who still struggle with the everyday aggravations, I feel for you and hope you're all doing well in general. Please stay safe in this Pandemic! Covid-19 has no place in my life with Wegener's. Sorry I still call it that. When I say GPA to a new person they don't take me serious. When I say GPA, all they think of is Grade Point Average or Grand Prix Autoracing. Only when I'm speaking to the insurance company for my coverage or any of my doctors I call it GPA. I feel amazing and with all that joint pain fully gone, I forgot how sick I used to be. I can dance up a storm like when I was in my 20's! Again, a big THANK YOU, to everybody who has had input from 2008 - 2011 when I was at my worst. I had my hip replacement, kidney biopsy, brain scan, etc...since then but I'm overall doing well.

2. Likes Pete, gunnyl, me2, Dirty Don, Masha, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Thank You Everybody!

Glad to hear that you are doing well Chadwyck. Wishing you health in the new year ahead.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, gunnyl and wishing you the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to hear from you Chadwyck and wonderful to see you no longer have to say Ouch, except for minor issues.

I'm sorry that you have seen one of our dear members has passed away. It's always a sad occasion for us when that happens.

Take care of yourself and have a wonderful holiday period.

Here's hoping for a better year ahead, for everyone
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS