For those interested in stopping the use of prednisone, go to the ChemoCentyrx site and read the November 6 article. The Prescription Drug User Fee Act has set a goal date of July 7, 2021.
The article clearly describes how Avacopan ( non steroid) will replace the need for prednisone. It also gives a European release date. You will see how many people were in the studies. There is a lot of information here.
I had hoped the release date would be in the first quarter of 2021, but perhaps all the work on COVID drugs set it back.
It seems to me that money is pouring into this drug- good sign. They are working on it for other diseases too.
I am again attempting to wean off of prednisone. I can go down about 1/2 mg a month. Hoping I don’t get any infections. Continue to take Bactrim 3x weekly.
My GPA was diagnosed 4 years ago Thanksgiving. Started on methotrexate 2017, couldn’t handle the folic acid. Rituxin infusions good. I stuck my head in the sand and thought it would go away like a bad cold-duh. Then I faced reality and found this site and all of you wonderful people out there. Now I am down to infusions 2x a year.
You have all given me so much encouragement and support. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.