Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccins and WG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Covid vaccins and WG

CA now 65. UCSD is ready to schedule me I thought I would be ready to get it but now I will first talk to my Rhuemy.

2. Likes Masha, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received the Pfizer vaccine last week - just about 6 months after my Rituxin and will get the second shot in February. I need to reschedule my Rituxin for 3 weeks after the second vaccine so late February or early March bringing me to 7 to 8 months rather than the usual 6 months. Has anyone heard of any interest in studies for those of us that are immune compromised?

4. Likes Alysia, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asked about having antibodies drawn to determine if vaccine offered some immunity and was told per an ID doc that at this point “we can not check vaccine ab titers to see if you have protection. If this changes, I will test you for vaccine efficacy. The reason why is that the antibody tests a different epitope “. Does this make sense to folks?

6. Likes Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was back and forth about when to get the vaccine and the timing of my infusion. The grocery store that has a drugstore about a mile from my house got them in. This was kept very quit and we were easily able to get an appointment. We got first one this afternoon, Moderna, second one in 4 weeks. Trying to get an appointment, age ranges changing, difficult locations, even having drive by at Charlotte Motor Speedway this weekend. I am waiting for my infusion center to return my call so that I can reschedule. I still don’t understand why people with our disease are not put on a list, regardless of age. Although I do understand the confusion some have about getting this vaccine. Since we know that we are all at different level of this disease, the best marker we can follow is adhering to our doctors orders. My doctor is being very strict regarding no infusion until four weeks after last vaccine. How effective will the vaccine be for people like us? The jury isn’t in yet. My personal opinion is that some protection is better than none.
    Last edited by Masha; 01-21-2021 at 10:19 AM.

8. Likes drz, me2, Alysia, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm scheduled to have vaccine tomorrow, the day after I take my weekly Methotrexate dose (17.5 mg). I am not on Rituxan infusions at all. Has anyone else had a similar situation (taking Mtx before getting the vaccine)?

10. Likes Happy Camper, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by novastorm View Post
    I'm scheduled to have vaccine tomorrow, the day after I take my weekly Methotrexate dose (17.5 mg). I am not on Rituxan infusions at all. Has anyone else had a similar situation (taking Mtx before getting the vaccine)?
    I take AZA daily and was told not to make any changes in my meds and I got the first vaccination yesterday.
    Last edited by drz; 03-16-2021 at 08:31 AM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

12. Likes Pete, Masha, me2, Alysia, Happy Camper, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. So far everything is going well. I have a sore arm and a headache.
    Because I was infected with Covid-I’m very behind on my Rituxin treatment. I do not know if the problems I’m having are due to a flare (shortness of breath, joint pain ect) or if it is post Covid inflammation. My rheumatologist thought it was more important to get the vaccine than the infusion.
    Hope everyone is well!
    Natty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes me2, Masha, drz, PattyL, John S, Alysia, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently take MTX and my doctor (Dr. Langford Cleveland Clinic) said to hold my MTX the week I get my vaccine. I'm scheduled for Friday for the moderna vaccine. I'm nervous to hold my MTX and take the vaccine. I don't want a flare-up. But also don't want to get covid. Ugh. Tough decisions.

16. Likes Aneinu, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone gotten the second shot yet?

18. Likes Masha, Happy Camper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)