Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccins and WG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Covid vaccins and WG

The best person to answer this is your doctor. In the past, just receiving the flu shot, I have to complete and sign forms. Then the pharmacist reviews everything. If you don’t want to wait until your next doctors visit, do they have a portal where you can ask a question?
    Getting your Rituxin every six months should not cause interference with getting vaccines. Just get the vaccine two weeks before infusion.
    The one thing I know for sure is that we can not have a live vaccine, nor can the people we live with. Examples of live vaccines are measles, mumps, polio.
    They surely must come out with a covid vaccine for people like us. I have friends with RA and cancer and they can not have a live one. I am 70 years old and my friends are also older. Since we are the ones at the highest risk of this disease, it only seems logical that one will be made available for us.
    Again, the best person to ask about the effectiveness of your vaccine after infusion is your doctor. If he/she does not feel it was effective they should provide you with a direction of what to do before you get the next shingles vaccine.

2. Likes mishb, Alysia, Aneinu, drz, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@me2 and @NatriceRomeo - sending you prayers for an easy and perfect recovery. Can you, please, share what are your symptoms ? WG and covid might be too similar. With every morning coughing I would ask myself where did it come from, unless I know that I have kept a full isolation in the last week or so.

I know about 3 more weggies who caught the covid, had it tough but have recovered. Thanks be to God.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

4. Likes gunnyl, Aneinu, Happy Camper, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found 2 articles in the facebook vasculitis UK group.

The first - things are complicated...

https://www.oatext.com/covid-19%E2%8...2W_U#gsc.tab=0
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

6. Likes gunnyl, Aneinu, Happy Camper, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one is more promising then any vaccin and they have started the trial in UK:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55022288

Quote:

A possible alternative to a vaccine, for people without functioning immune systems, is entering its final stage of trials.

The injection was developed using antibodies - made by the immune system to fight infection - produced by a single Covid patient in the US.

It is hoped it could provide at least six months' protection for patients who cannot receive vaccines.

Trials involving 1,000 UK participants begin in Manchester on Saturday.

A further 4,000 people are involved in the trial globally, which is being organised by pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca.

Participants will be given either an injection containing two different Covid-19 antibodies, which have been specially engineered to last longer in the body - or a placebo.

In recent weeks there have been promising developments in the creation of a Covid-19 vaccine, which works by priming the immune system to fight off the infection.

Alysia
    dx 2008

8. Likes gunnyl, Masha, drz, Aneinu, Happy Camper, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great articles @Alysia, thank you for sharing!

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

10. Likes Alysia, Aneinu, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found this link https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r..._deKuygHPXYNK0.
    Keeping in mind that no COVID-19 trial has been conducted on immunocompromised participants, it seems the news is not the best for such patients at this point. But also, keep in mind that we still have four to six months before any mass rollout, and there are still ongoing trials and other vaccines in development.

12. Likes Masha, me2, drz, Alysia, Aneinu, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    @me2 and @NatriceRomeo - sending you prayers for an easy and perfect recovery. Can you, please, share what are your symptoms ? WG and covid might be too similar. With every morning coughing I would ask myself where did it come from, unless I know that I have kept a full isolation in the last week or so.

I know about 3 more weggies who caught the covid, had it tough but have recovered. Thanks be to God.

Thanks Alysia.
    In my case the symptoms were very different from WG. Sweats, fever, vomiting, diahreaa, and just extremely sick - very fast. So weak I literally grew worried that I was not strong enough to go to the bathroom and back. It was really crazy.
    In both cases of illness I believed I probably had been exposed to someone sick with 'something' and within a couple of days I was down with it.

14. Likes Alysia, Aneinu, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post

So, I work in healthcare. I was Covid tested the week before because I had sinus issues and it was negative. I went on antibiotics. On the 6th I woke up and lost all sense of smell. I contacted my work and they tested me again. That time I came back positive. I noticed that my sinuses felt swollen and just weird. My lungs started burning and I could not take a breath without severe burning pain. I have lung issues, but I’ve never had pneumonia. It was getting worse for about a week. My Drs refused to see me & I went to urgent care. They did xrays and I have bilateral pneumonia and shortness of breath. I’m over due for a Rituxin treatment, so at the moment I have frequent bloody noses, my joints hurt, I don’t know how much is from GPA or Covid. I still have some chest burning and am short of breath as well. So, to answer your question, the only real difference for me was my loss of smell, burning in chest and severe shortness of breath.
    Natty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes Alysia, Aneinu, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NatriceRomeo View Post
    I was diagnosed with Covid on the 6th. It has not been kind to me. I have had bilateral pneumonia, nausea and vomiting-still. That being said, I am worried about an mRNA vaccine. It just does not seem like a good idea to me to have a vaccine mess around with the inside of your cells. I would feel more comfortable with a dead virus.
    Anyway, hope you are all healthy and happy
    Natty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How are you doing now? Hope you are improving!
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

18. Likes Alysia, Aneinu, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by me2 View Post
    Thanks Alysia.
    In my case the symptoms were very different from WG. Sweats, fever, vomiting, diahreaa, and just extremely sick - very fast. So weak I literally grew worried that I was not strong enough to go to the bathroom and back. It was really crazy.
    In both cases of illness I believed I probably had been exposed to someone sick with 'something' and within a couple of days I was down with it.
    I hope that you have recovered ?

Maybe it was some food poisoning ? If I remember correctly, you have MC like I do, so we are very sensitive to many kinds of foods.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

20. Likes annekat liked this post
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast