Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Wegeners and now CLL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wegeners and now CLL

I have had Wegener's for approx. 13 years. Have been on all meds to control with the best results on Rituxan and Pred. the Rituxan kept the CLL (Chronic Leukemia under control (have had for 3 years) for a long time. I am on Imbruvica now to control the CLL when he raised his ugly head last Dec. Weg Dr. held off the Rituxan treatments for 6 months - didn't want to mix the Ibruvica/Rituxan together. Ended up in a flare which required a tube be put in my ear so I could hear. Weg. doctor said I am a first to have both of these diseases. Not doing to bad on the meds - just tired. I do still work full time but hope to retire in 3 years. Just wondered if anyone else has CLL?

2. Likes me2, Keith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Wegeners and now CLL

Quote Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
    I have had Wegener's for approx. 13 years. Have been on all meds to control with the best results on Rituxan and Pred. the Rituxan kept the CLL (Chronic Leukemia under control (have had for 3 years) for a long time. I am on Imbruvica now to control the CLL when he raised his ugly head last Dec. Weg Dr. held off the Rituxan treatments for 6 months - didn't want to mix the Ibruvica/Rituxan together. Ended up in a flare which required a tube be put in my ear so I could hear. Weg. doctor said I am a first to have both of these diseases. Not doing to bad on the meds - just tired. I do still work full time but hope to retire in 3 years. Just wondered if anyone else has CLL?
    Sorry to hear about your dual diagnosis. I was told after my initial treatment for Wegener's granulomatosis that I would be at high risk for several forms of cancer because of the treatment I received. Several of our members here have experienced other health issues besides their GPA. Best wishes in coping with the stress from another serious disease during this pandemic. Hope your treatment goes well for both.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!