Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Gallbladder problems

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elephant, if you don't get some rest tomorrow I'm coming over with duct tape. I'll put all this pred weight to use and sit on you while I tape you to a chair. So there!

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am coming too! Or you move your family to Vancouver. You can visit and I yell at trhe kids and Sangye might do the housework. See, all planned!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, but I have bad news my mother in law is in intesive care right now. They are trying to see if she has a PE or heart attack. I will keep you guys posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, no.... Hoping it's easily corrected. She must be wiped out-- pneumonia and now this? Please take care of yourself, Elephant. I don't know how you're doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty tired but handling it pretty good. I guess her heart rate was 190 and they had to give meds to bring it down, it is taking awhile for them to get the heart rate down. They want to do the CT scan with they dye to check for blood clots, but they have to wait till the heart rate is 100. Two days ago I had a feeling that she had a PE too. I hope I am wrong. But she has all the symptoms, coughing up a little blood, left lower lobe hurts...enough for her to take alot of pain pills, and short of breath. She never told me all the symptoms...she was in denial and kept telling all of us she is getting better when actually she was getting worse. I am praying she comes out alive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they don't think she had pneumonia also?

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This string of bads will end and life go back to new normal, elephant. Think and find a thread to hang on to!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she has pneumonia, they did rule out PE last night. She is still in intensive care unit to control her heart rate. They think she might have cancer, the found that her glands/lymph nodes very swollen.. That could possibly mean overwhelming infection or cancer or something else. She doesn't want alot of test done cause she want to go back to Illinois where she lives. She wants the doctors there to see her. But of course she can't leave the ICU or she will die. I told her while she is there that she should have as many tests done as possible and have them transferred to her doctors in Illinois. She will do what she wants, I have no control.
    Thanks Moyan and Sangye, I am so mentally out of it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like she's pretty stubborn! You're giving her good advice but she's got her mind made up. How on earth does she plan on getting back to Illinois?

I'm glad you're backing off from it, Elephant. You can't wear yourself out trying to take care of someone who won't listen to common sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes your own self protection has to kick in and you have to take a step back from the trouble around you. It does not mean that you don't care.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast