Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Gallbladder problems

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye and Jack, saw her today for three hours in ICU and still on IV meds to reduce and stablize her blood pressure and pulse. The pulmonologist thinks that the large lymph nodes are from the infection, the just need to see and wait. They want to treat the infection first, because it is so bad it affected her heart. I guess my sister in law wants them to fly back and have someone in Illinois come here and pick up their car. They don't want to fly. So anyways...I don't know. I am taking it one day at a time. I just got done eating 6 Hershey's milk chocolate eggs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I think she has pneumonia, they did rule out PE last night. She is still in intensive care unit to control her heart rate. They think she might have cancer, the found that her glands/lymph nodes very swollen.. That could possibly mean overwhelming infection or cancer or something else. She doesn't want alot of test done cause she want to go back to Illinois where she lives. She wants the doctors there to see her. But of course she can't leave the ICU or she will die. I told her while she is there that she should have as many tests done as possible and have them transferred to her doctors in Illinois. She will do what she wants, I have no control.
    Thanks Moyan and Sangye, I am so mentally out of it!
    She could be septic, sounds like there are multiple problems converging at once. Take advantage of her being in ICU and try to get some rest for yourself. Although being the nurse in the family that may not be possible. My heart is with you, is it a family centered ICU?? Ours is, do they have a pallative care team?? They can come in and help her to set goals that family may not be able to approach with her. Let your fellow nurses know your needs, I have always found that I got great care at the bedside when my Mom and Grandma were in the hospital,of course it is the hospital that I work in. My thoughts and prayers are with you, hanging out at a bedside is much more draining than working at one. If she can get back to Illinois it might give you some peace and relieve some of your stress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Thanks Sangye and Jack, saw her today for three hours in ICU and still on IV meds to reduce and stablize her blood pressure and pulse. The pulmonologist thinks that the large lymph nodes are from the infection, the just need to see and wait. They want to treat the infection first, because it is so bad it affected her heart. I guess my sister in law wants them to fly back and have someone in Illinois come here and pick up their car. They don't want to fly. So anyways...I don't know. I am taking it one day at a time. I just got done eating 6 Hershey's milk chocolate eggs.
    Agree with Jack step back, let your sister in law handle getting her back. I like your plan...eat more choclate eggs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Lightwarrior, I am letting my sister in law handle this. I agree, when it is safe for her to leave the hospital she should go back to ILLinois. It would be best for her peace too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL-- Elephant, did you mean to write ILLinois or was it a Freudian slip? It's perfect either way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a Freudian slip! I went to visit her today and she is doing better, still in ICU but they are going to move her to a tele unit to monitor her heart. She is worried that she has cancer. So that doctor told her it could be a possibility because of the large lymph nodes. Geez, that poor woman. I have not stop moving today. I am sitting in bed and having a cup of tea.
    I do count my blessing. Roof over my head, eat, breathe, pee, poops, walk, insurance, have food to eat, and I could go on...

Doug Guest

Yep! =( ^ + ^ )=

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you feeling alright Doug?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug is that a smiling cat?

Doug Guest

Nope/yep!

I feel a bit stiff and sore from knees down. My feet (right foot, anyway) has a numbness business going on primarily from sitting too long at my computer (sciatic nerve over calcium ridge from where I broke my pelvis as a child). Pain medication isn't working well on my facial pain caused by shingles in 2007. Other than that, call me "Lucky"! [Years ago, there was a joke "Lost Dog" poster going around when the dog is described as missing an ear, is blind in one eye, is neutered, and a bunch of other things. "Answers to the name Lucky," was the last line.]

Yes, that is a cat, smiling or just implying so!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast