Hi everyone,
I am still working as a paramedic in St Louis. I was really worried when the pandemic came here. The fire dept I work for insists we wear N100 on every call and we wear simple masks around the fire house if we cannot social distance, such as responding to calls. Wearing an N100 when your lungs aren’t so hot is a burden & it causes anxiety if I have to go up a flight of stairs. I still have my moments when I am torn. I have Rituxin infusions every 4-6 months, I am sure you all can sympathise-weird crap happens that wasn’t on your radar all the time!
I find that people give me anxiety about Covid. There is a huge population in the US that think it’s a hoax, no more than the flu. The CDC released statistics and 6% of Covid deaths in the US only listed Covid. The others listed things like: pneumonia, stroke, ARDS ect, which Covid causes. The conspiracy theorists has said this proves the CDC has lied and of the 185,000 + deaths only 6% were caused by Covid.
I have run my fair share of Covid positive patients. People also think that you get it, you either recover or you die. In my experience, it causes other problems that have long term problems. This includes heart failure, strokes, permanent lung damage. These people are not old either, nor do they have known preexisting illnesses. Imagine having a stroke in your 20’s and being debilitated after?
I can also honestly say that politics has me stressed. In my opinion politics should have no baring in the pandemic... but here we are. I do not watch the news, I read it so I can read what I want. It is a very disheartening time.
In closing I think of my fellow Weggies all the time. I hope you all remain safe and healthy.
Natty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk