Thread: Feedback needed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Feedback needed

Hi all
    Just wanted to throw this out there for comment. Some time soon I'll need to upgrade the forum software. This will make it look really different initially but once you give it a try, you'll see all the normal functions and buttons that you're used to will be there as they always were.

On the plus side, the upgrade makes the site a lot more usable (at least in my opinion) and MUCH better on mobile which is what at least half of the site visitors are using.

Interested to read your opinions. There's a link to the trial below. Click through and register. I'll approve the registrations quick as I can. The trial lasts for 7 days. The trial site is deleted after that (although I can set up a new one if needed).

Let me know what you think: https://4c04fe006145-041139.demo.vbulletin.net/
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

2. Likes marta, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: Feedback needed

Oh and I should add...all the posts will be transferred over so we won't be starting from scratch...just in case you were wondering.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

4. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I should add that you're awesome, amazing, astonishing, awe-inspiring, and I'm super grateful for your work for over a decade for sure (I just had my 10 year anniversary in May, and you were long established before I came along) - You. Rock!

I think this is a good moment to reiterate that this forum was instrumental in saving my life when I was under the care of a crappy doc, so you're also a life saver.

Thanks you for everything you do!

marta

6. Likes annekat, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Oh and I should add...all the posts will be transferred over so we won't be starting from scratch...just in case you were wondering.
    I tried out the the trial app and posted this question. Change is hard for us elders but I guess we could learn to navigate the new version. Everything changes and if the new version one is easier to maintain or for new users to figure out that would be great. I only view it on my desktops but I realize most of the world has moved on to cell phones and tablets for most internet surfing so accommodating them is important. And the last few times I have been in patient in the hospitals I didn't have a laptop for access here, just a cell phone but never tried to log on then so don't know how well a small phone works to navigate the forums on here. i think those regular phone users can answer that question.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

8. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    And I should add that you're awesome, amazing, astonishing, awe-inspiring, and I'm super grateful for your work for over a decade for sure (I just had my 10 year anniversary in May, and you were long established before I came along) - You. Rock!

I think this is a good moment to reiterate that this forum was instrumental in saving my life when I was under the care of a crappy doc, so you're also a life saver.

marta
    *blushing* thanks Marta. I'm glad you're still kicking! The forum has come a long way since 2008 that's for sure. Wouldn't have done it without everyone helping each other out and turning this into as much of a reference resource as it is a community.

By the way I just checked. We had our 12th anniversary on 18th of May.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

10. Likes DStaelens, annekat, Alysia, mishb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post

marta

I agree! My doc in 2011, year of dx, was crappy in more ways than one, a pulmonologist with little WG experience, and I don't know that anyone else in town would have been better. Though he was a good enough doc to figure out what my treatment should be.... at the time, Cytoxan and pred, and Bactrim. I found this forum right away, even before official dx, so was already familiar with the treatment I was getting and knew it was right! (Rituxan was on the cusp of being approved). Though I was shy at first and lurked for awhile, I got so much comfort and knowledge from this place even in the early days of treatment. My ENT who dx'ed me told me I'd had it for 2.5 years; he hadn't caught it and was treating me for other things. He apologized. I think by then I already knew from the Forum that it was a familiar scenario resulting in many delayed diagnoses. There was so much to learn and I felt lousy but when I wasn't eating or sleeping, I was right here with you all. I really don't know what I would have done without it. I think in many ways you saved my life, both emotionally and physically, as you gave me a basic working knowledge, without which nothing the doc said, which wasn't much, would have made sense or been helpful. So once again, thank you Andrew and everyone else from the bottom of my heart! And I will look at the trial version very soon, I'm just too tired tonight.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

12. Likes Alysia, drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart @andrew for keeping the best weggie's home working so well and for so many years. I am forever grateful to you.

I admit, that I am not doing well with "technology".. sorry.. I went to the link but couldn't find where and how I comment... ?
    I wanted to comment that the color was problematic to the poor weggies eyes. The contrast should be higher.

Also with this site even from my phone I switch to "computer desktop" or whatever you call it.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

14. Likes drz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most important: maybe I couldn't comment because I didn't registered.... thinking so, when I tried to register, I couldn't recall my passward which is kept on my phone. Will we have to recall our passwards for the new site ?

Sorry for being so clumsy with that, but I can promise that If I can handle the site eventually, everyone else will be able to do it
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will it keep our private messages from the past ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I agree! My doc in 2011, year of dx, was crappy in more ways than one, a pulmonologist with little WG experience, and I don't know that anyone else in town would have been better. Though he was a good enough doc to figure out what my treatment should be.... at the time, Cytoxan and pred, and Bactrim. I found this forum right away, even before official dx, so was already familiar with the treatment I was getting and knew it was right! (Rituxan was on the cusp of being approved). Though I was shy at first and lurked for awhile, I got so much comfort and knowledge from this place even in the early days of treatment. My ENT who dx'ed me told me I'd had it for 2.5 years; he hadn't caught it and was treating me for other things. He apologized. I think by then I already knew from the Forum that it was a familiar scenario resulting in many delayed diagnoses. There was so much to learn and I felt lousy but when I wasn't eating or sleeping, I was right here with you all. I really don't know what I would have done without it. I think in many ways you saved my life, both emotionally and physically, as you gave me a basic working knowledge, without which nothing the doc said, which wasn't much, would have made sense or been helpful. So once again, thank you Andrew and everyone else from the bottom of my heart! And I will look at the trial version very soon, I'm just too tired tonight.
    Thanks Annekat. The forum has grown and become so valuable because of the community that's developed through people like you and me and everyone else that are looking for help and willing to provide help as well. Good karma

Don't worry about getting to the trial version in a hurry. I'll be messing with it for a while to make sure I know what I'm doing No hurry.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

18. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast