Hey Folks,
After 2 1/2 years of misdiagnosis, I was diagnosed in February with possible vasculitis, then confirmed for GPA in May. It started with what was thought to be pneumonia, which turned into the worst joint pain I've ever experienced which was thought to be some sort of reactive arthritis. From there constant issues with losing my voice, pain in my lower back which was basically dismissed by doctors since there were no stones or bacterial positives. My eyes lit up so red that I looked like something possessed. Then came odd rashes on my hands that would crop up anytime I caught a cold or felt off. I had several respiratory things crop up along the way, all the while being misdiagnosed and thrown on some sort of antibiotic and Prednisone. I've never been a sickly type of person, I always recovered from something within a 2 to 3 day period. I finally stood my ground and knew something was off, told the doctor to re-review the last two years and the horrible joint pain I was constantly having. He sent me to an RA that took some tests, luckily during that time a bad purple rash appeared on my legs that tipped off the RA.
Anyways, the RA got me into the appropriate facilities that re-tested and confirmed, they put me on Rituxan in June, still waiting to see how it works. During this time I've been honestly rather scared and tripped over this web site. I can't thank you enough for the past posts and how much they have helped me understand and calm my nerves just a bit. It's been a rough ride the last 2 years, 2020 has added to that, I'm still betting Alien invasion is next on the wheel of what the hell is next. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and again thank you.

Dave