Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Covid-19

Hi, hope everyone is doing well. Is there a topic/thread dedicated to the current situation? What are your doctors saying? Should we be much more vigilant than everyone else? Are we taking medications that can help for this situation? Had anyone contacted covid with wegeners? Scary times we live in.

Godspeed to all

A

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

2. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Covid-19

Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

4. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aneinu View Post
    Hi, hope everyone is doing well. Is there a topic/thread dedicated to the current situation? What are your doctors saying? Should we be much more vigilant than everyone else? Are we taking medications that can help for this situation? Had anyone contacted covid with wegeners? Scary times we live in.

Godspeed to all

A

Shalom,

How is Yosef doing ? And all your family ? How bad it the outbreak where you live ?
    In Israel it is bad and the curve is running high and fast.. they don't care in the **** gov.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pred may be useful for treating COVID-19.

Another steroid is thrown into the mix of potential COVID-19 treatments
    https://www.dispatch.com/zz/news/202...-19-treatments
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

7. Likes Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Covid-19 hits close to home. I live in a 55+ community with all individual homes. It is a large community, and I am not very active, since GPA, so I don’t hear everything. I do know of one man, about 1/2 mile away passing away from covid. Then another fellow about 6 houses away was mysteriously hospitalized and has been very weak, blood clots, lung problems etc. Now I just got news that the man two houses away passed away from covid. He and his wife attended a family reunion, everyone got it. For him it was fatal. I believe he was in his 60’s.
    I am here to tell you, it is not just young people ignoring the rules. Some (not all) of the seniors have gone wild, block parties, live music, dancing and singing. Management has not opened the facilities, but our streets and sidewalks are public. Some people post that they refuse to wear a mask. Now stores are demanding it. People are writing and posting about fun restaurants.
    At least I don’t share walls or elevators with these people. Others are saying they are afraid to take walks because the unmasked people won’t move. I say step on the yard or street, just don’t get close to anyone unmasked.
    We are still having our groceries delivered or placed in our trunk. I heard a doctor on TV say the most dangerous places are gyms, bars and restaurants. Neither my husband or I will take any risk. I must go for infusion next week. I am experiencing a lot of muscle and joint pain, so I know I can’t put it off. Hope I don’t catch anything there, but as Alysia says, after taking all the precautions, if I still get it then it is God’s will.
    Sorry to be down. I can see that man’s roof from my back porch. This was preventable!
    Masha

9. Likes drz, Alysia, Keith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting read...

Steroid's COVID-19 benefits confirmed; spotlight on immune cells
    https://reut.rs/3hev7Eb
    Pete
    dx 1/11

11. Likes Masha, Alysia, Keith, annekat, Aneinu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Interesting read...

Steroid's COVID-19 benefits confirmed; spotlight on immune cells
    https://reut.rs/3hev7Eb
    Are you able to elaborate please on what this article/study indicates for people who use steroids/Prednisone for GPA?

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steroids reduces the severity and duration of COVIS-19.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

14. Likes Aneinu, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steroids might be a mixed bag. One study indicated that people who were taking over 10 mg when diagnosed seem to have a more severe case of Covid-19. But it also indicated once they had been admitted to a hospital and needed oxygen, increasing steroid medicine seem to improve their chances of surviving. Like most things dealing with Covid-19 more studies are needed to confirm what will prove to be most likely true.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

16. Likes Aneinu, Masha, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Steroids might be a mixed bag. One study indicated that people who were taking over 10 mg when diagnosed seem to have a more severe case of Covid-19. But it also indicated once they had been admitted to a hospital and needed oxygen, increasing steroid medicine seem to improve their chances of surviving. Like most things dealing with Covid-19 more studies are needed to confirm what will prove to be most likely true.
    Thank you. That was my point of confusion. I read the article mentioned by Pete twice and I thought it was saying that steroid use AFTER COVID diagnosis was good, but it didn't say anything about it's prior use. Where is your article please about that study?

Thank you

A

18. Likes Alysia liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast