I miss hearing from all of you. Does everyone have lock down fever? These are certainly challenging times, but we must try to keep our spirits up.
I have put bread making to the side and have been cooking up a storm. Made Hungarian chicken paprikash with homemade dumplings; made Greek Spanakopita; how about some hot Italian sausage smothered in grilled onions, peppers, with melted provolone cheese on homemade hard rolls. The cooking keeps me busy and I listen to music rather than the news. Husband does all the clean up. When you are working and raising a family you don’t have the time or energy for getting too creative in the kitchen. But now I have nothing but time. And yes, we do eat leftovers.
We read and watch some good TV on Discovery and History. We also watch some of the old Johnny Carson & Jay Leno shows. Laugh when we reminisce about some funny stories. I am starting my herb garden. Very hot in the Carolinas, makes walking outside difficult.
I am not at all surprised that the covid numbers have gone up. The people (all seniors) on my neighborhood site are running around like there is no tomorrow. They compare which restaurants are using safety measures! My doctors (virtual visits) remind me to take no chances and stay home. I will be meeting my new rheumatologist virtually this week. I don’t know what my future will hold regarding infusions. Loved Richard’s story.
Andrew, saw a clip with kangaroos walking in a residential neighborhood. They said there are more kangaroos than people in your neck of the woods. Right about now that sounds really good.
I will leave you with some words from a song you may be familiar with, ‘Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.’
Be well.
Masha