Likes Likes:  26

Thread: Where is Everyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where is Everyone?

I miss hearing from all of you. Does everyone have lock down fever? These are certainly challenging times, but we must try to keep our spirits up.
    I have put bread making to the side and have been cooking up a storm. Made Hungarian chicken paprikash with homemade dumplings; made Greek Spanakopita; how about some hot Italian sausage smothered in grilled onions, peppers, with melted provolone cheese on homemade hard rolls. The cooking keeps me busy and I listen to music rather than the news. Husband does all the clean up. When you are working and raising a family you don’t have the time or energy for getting too creative in the kitchen. But now I have nothing but time. And yes, we do eat leftovers.
    We read and watch some good TV on Discovery and History. We also watch some of the old Johnny Carson & Jay Leno shows. Laugh when we reminisce about some funny stories. I am starting my herb garden. Very hot in the Carolinas, makes walking outside difficult.
    I am not at all surprised that the covid numbers have gone up. The people (all seniors) on my neighborhood site are running around like there is no tomorrow. They compare which restaurants are using safety measures! My doctors (virtual visits) remind me to take no chances and stay home. I will be meeting my new rheumatologist virtually this week. I don’t know what my future will hold regarding infusions. Loved Richard’s story.
    Andrew, saw a clip with kangaroos walking in a residential neighborhood. They said there are more kangaroos than people in your neck of the woods. Right about now that sounds really good.
    I will leave you with some words from a song you may be familiar with, ‘Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.’
    Be well.
    Masha

2. Likes andrew, Alysia, Keith, seied, Geoff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: Where is Everyone?

Hey! Yeah we have a lot of Kangaroos. They're a pest. There's a cull happening locally here soon which will be great although I must say I haven't seen as many hit by cars compared to last year. They taste pretty good too. Love a nice Kangaroo steak There's a nature reserve not far away that I like walking in. Hundreds of roos here and we do get a lot in the suburbs as well when it's particularly dry.

I have been cooking up a storm too. The lockdown forced me to be self sufficient and it has carried over into non-lockdown too. I cook all my meals now and I feel so much better than I did. I'm not going as far as a herb garden though BUT I have house plants now. Crazy times. Never been interested in them but they give a nice vibe to the place. As a consequence of all the cooking I have discovered the joys of the dishwasher. Never used it until recently. It's awesome!!

I think my next Rheumy appointment will be face to face if things keep going the way they are. We have no cases in town at the moment and pretty low overall (with the exception of one state).

Lockdown never really got to me. I love my own company and was very comfortable with not going out and being near people
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

4. Likes Alysia, Masha, Keith, seied, me2, Geoff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Kangaroos sounds so lovely to have around.... (I hope you don't really eat them @andrew ? They are not Kosher and are too cute)

Here, In a near city, Haifa, the wild pigs have started to feel too comfortable on the streets as you can see here:

https://youtu.be/eKHa9oX7WMg

The **** (can't curse here) gov. Has opened everything, including schools, pubs and halls for weddings or musical shows etc. The covid19 numbers are rising up fast and scary. So many schools are already infected and they even have a map for the "corona weddings". Totally crazy.

The **** gov. does almost nothing. They only care about their fat salaries, luxury cars etc. I am sick of them. Sometimes it is better not to read the news in order not to become too mad about corruptions and negligence. It is also makes me mad to read **** people who speaks against wearing masks. At least we have a new law, a person caught without mask in public will need to pay around 120 dollar (500 shekel).

we just stay at home. I thank God that I can work from home and stay safe with my kids.

And at times like that on earth, I feel relieved that my beautiful @pberggren1 is safe now, in the presence of Jesus.

Stay safe my friends. I love you and I pray for you.
    Last edited by Alysia; 06-27-2020 at 10:40 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

6. Likes Masha, Keith, seied liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s been kinda quiet in my part of the world. Ohio has opened up too much and too fast, and we have big spike in new cases as a result. I’m sure the riots in downtown Columbus a couple weeks ago didn’t help.

Cathy and I walk in our neighborhood daily. I walk 2.5-3.5 miles most days and play a little golf each week. I wear a mask in the pro shop and around #1 tee. The mask comes off once I’m away from most people.

We haven’t eaten in a restaurant since February. We’ve gotten take out every ten days or so. We cook most meals at home, and the grill has gotten a pretty good workout.

We see our son and his family less than we’d like. Since they had been isolated for a few weeks, we had the grandkids over for a sleepover last weekend. So far, no health repercussions.

We hope to take a beach vacation to Oak Island, NC next month. Hoping that they don’t close the beaches again.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

8. Likes Masha, Dirty Don, Keith, Geoff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi

Kangaroos sounds so lovely to have around.... (I hope you don't really eat them @andrew ? They are not Kosher and are too cute)

Here, In a near city, Haifa, the wild pigs have started to feel too comfortable on the streets as you can see here:

https://youtu.be/eKHa9oX7WMg
    Haha yeap saw that one about the pigs. Nature takes over

Link for you: https://www.abc.net.au/life/how-to-c...garoo/10408336
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

10. Likes Alysia, Keith, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Pete Wow sorry to read about those spikes in cases. I hope it's temporary. Great that you can get outside though! I've seen what happens elsewhere when the beaches are opened - thousands of people cramming onto the sand. Hope that its ok over your way.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

12. Likes Alysia, Pete, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last rheumi visit I had was in person.
    It's a busy practice with many doctors on staff.
    I asked my doctor if their office had any of their patients contract or die of the C'rona.
    Guess what... Not one. Keep in mind that rehumis are in the immunosupression business.

Where I live, there's lots of people everywhere. Outdoors, by the beach and in the parks.
    Stores are full. Restaurants that opened are full.
    Traffic is back to congested like when school's out.
    We were masks only indoors.

I'm willing to bet that by Nov 4th, the day after the elections, C'rona fad will miraculously pass.

14. Likes Masha, andrew liked this post