Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haircut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Haircut

Alysia, you have picked up a new skill during the pandemic. Good for you. I think cutting hair is kind of fun as a hobby.

2. Likes annekat, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Got a haircut today for the first time since March 18. I was pretty shaggy. Every other chair in the salon was kept vacant. Everyone was masked. Hand sanitizer was available and being used. I was asked to hold my mask in place and remove the loops around my ears so the stylist could trim around them.

I did on-line check in and arrived about two minutes ahead of schedule. The chairs in the waiting space were six feet apart.

I felt pretty safe during the 20 minutes I was there.
    It is now almost three weeks later then when you wrote this message, Pete.
    I also went to see the hairdresser last week. For the first time since the outbreak of the pandemic.
    Till last week, I have been cutting my own hair with the help of two mirrors, and the result was not bad at all. The secret is, to cut very little hair at one time.
    You can always cut more, but what you already removed, takes weeks to grow back indeed

This time I felt safe enough to take the risk to go to the hairdressers shop.
    They had handsanitizer positioned at the entrance, and I had the opportunity to sit in a separate room, while my hair was being cut and colored.
    All went very well, and till today I have not noticed any Covid 19-symptoms. I have to wait another week to be on the safe side, but I have confidence that everything will turn out okay.
    Living with WG/GPA since june 2010...

4. Likes Pete, Masha, me2, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup...I cut my own too! I think I'll be continuing with this $65 savings in the future! It didn't turn out bad! lol!
    On a side note...(I was just catching up on other posts)...I did get COVID in April...super mild symptoms...fever and no appetite.
    I was already recovering from a flare in February...so very thankful that it ended up being a non-issue.
    Went for labs today and for some reason my platelets are high (472)...waiting for the other labs to trickle in.
    Frustrated, as I want to make a job change, which will require an insurance change, to a healthcare cost sharing program.
    Which as I understand it, will require me to be symptom free/no active disease for 3 months, to qualify for coverage as someone with a preexisting condition. (I'm thinking this post probably doesn't belong under the haircut thread! But alas...that's where this rabbit trail started!)

6. Likes Pete, me2, Masha, Alysia, chrisTIn@, Keith liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12