Likes Likes:  16

Thread: send good energy and prayers my way

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default send good energy and prayers my way

I'm having my first Rituxan infusion today (1 of 4). I'm scared of having a reaction and hope it all goes well. I'm taking books, my laptop, coloring book, lunch, snacks, drinks, masks, music. Based on info from others in my boat, I'll check with the nurse about Benadryl &/or Zyrtec as well as a slow drip. Here's hoping the meds do what they're designed to do!!!

2. Likes annekat, seied, me2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: send good energy and prayers my way

I usually have trouble sleeping after I get an infusion. I’ll have one night of restlessness and no other reaction. Rituxin has been my disease crusher. I’m so glad that it was prescribed to me.
    The clinic usually provides plenty of snacks and liquids. I take my iPad with ear buds.

4. Likes annekat, seied liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The infusion will go well. They take every precaution including snacks & drinks! The infusion goes slow so they can monitor your intake and reactions...they are prepared. This is the first of the 4 and you will feel somewhat better immediately...my infusions really took hold after the 3rd, felt so much better. Consider it a long napping day!!! Best to you, it will all be fine.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

6. Likes annekat, John S, seied liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Susan Jean,
    Probably, by the time you read this you will be home. Both John and Dirty Don hit it right on when they told you what to expect. You will most likely not sleep the night of infusion because of the high dose prednisone.
    The Rituxin infusions have been a God sent for me. When it is near the time for me to get infusion, I begin to feel my GPA again. My Duke doctor changed me from 4 infusions to two high dose infusions yearly. Since she has retired, I hope my new doctor does the same.
    You took everything with you I would suggest. One of the infusion centers that I went to even bought my lunch from a neighboring deli. On the way home (before Covid-19) my husband and I would stop for dinner. I was so ravenous that my husband would ask if I wanted his too.
    I also added some visualization to my treatment. Closed my eyes and saw the Rituxin stopping my blood cells from closing my blood vessels- poof!
    I am sending prayers from the great American south to God’s country, Chico CA
    Please keep us posted on how you feel.
    Masha
    Last edited by Masha; 05-29-2020 at 05:28 PM.

8. Likes annekat, Dirty Don, seied liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all. Everything went very well with my first infusion. I started to have a little reaction (my mouth and throat began to tingle and feel strange) and told the nurse. She jumped right on it, stopping the infusion and giving me more Benadryl. After waiting about 15 min., my reaction was gone and she restarted the infusion. The rest of the time went smoothly. I slept well last night and today I feel pretty good. Cannot really tell a difference yet. My rheum wants me to cut down on my pred by 10 mg. I was on 50mg / day so today I began 40mg. After next week's infusion, he wants me to go to 30 mg and stay there for awhile. He says the solumedrol they gave me before the infusion will stay in my system for a few days to help with the transitions.

10. Likes Pete, Masha, Dirty Don, andrew, me2 liked this post