User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tinnitus got significantly worse after 1st Rituxan infusion, thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tinnitus got significantly worse after 1st Rituxan infusion, thoughts?

For me the most distressing symptom of Wageners has been losing my hearing and getting tinnitus so loud I've had a lot of trouble coping. When I was diagnosed I was given steroid injections and started on prednisone and the hearing loss and tinnitus got significantly better. However, last week after my first infusion the tinnitus started to get significantly worse. It was slow, but over the last week it has risen to a crazy level. I looked it up and it looks like it is a side effect for 1 to 10% people. My rheumy never told me about this. I am debating not getting my next infusion because it's so bad.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tinnitus got significantly worse after 1st Rituxan infusion, thoughts?

Hello
    Iím new to this Forum
    I was diagnosed with GPA in May this year after suffering an acute ear infection and hearing loss since February

I too have severe hearing loss and my tinnitus is getting extremely bad, I have musical tinnitus and pulsating tinnitus as well
    Although my last infusion was 6 weeks ago and my first 8 weeks ago my hearing
    And tinnitus are getting severe
    I have my rheum appointment Friday Iíll be asking questions thatís for sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Tinnitus got significantly worse after 1st Rituxan infusion, thoughts?

Mine kind of fluctuated when I did the 4 infusions, it was bad after 2 and kind of toned back down after the 3rd. Not saying yours will behave the same way, but I did have a noticeable annoying period in the middle.